Are the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) before his prophethood also accepted as hadiths?
Do hadiths consist of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) after the emergence of Islam. Does he not have any previous sayings?
Submitted by on Wed, 23/10/2019 - 14:13
Dear Brother / Sister,
Yes, hadiths are the sayings, deeds and approvals of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) after he became a prophet.
He definitely spoke before Islam. However, those sayings were not recorded since they were not at the same degree as the Sunnah.
Although some of his sayings and deeds during the period of his life before Islam are mentioned, they are not evaluated as Sunnah in the hadith literature .
Although there are different views about the contents of hadiths and the Sunnah, it is generally accepted by scholars, especially hadith experts, that those two terms are to be used synonymously for the sayings, deeds and approvals of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Questions on Islam
- Will you please give information about the bindingness of the Sunnah acting in accordance with it and understanding whether it is based on revelation or not?
- Can you give information about whether the Sunnah is binding, it should be accepted as a mode and it is based on revelation or not?
- Will you explain the difference between a verse (ayah) and a hadith?
- Although the deeds of worship are not explained in the Quran, how were they, for instance, the number of the rak’ahs of prayers, determined? Is the source sacred hadiths since the amount is not mentioned in the Quran?
- What is sunnah? What do Mutazila, Kharijite, Shiite and Orientalists say about sunnah? How did the ummah answer their doubts about hadiths?
- Should I follow Qur'an or Hadiths? Are the Sunnah and Hadiths binding? To what extent are hadiths reliable?
- What is Hadith? Will you explain the difference between a verse (ayah) and a hadith?
- Should a Muslim be guided by the Quran or hadiths? Are the Sunnah and Hadiths binding? To what extent are hadiths reliable?
- Will Prophet Muhammads mother and father enter Paradise? What do Islamic scholars think about their belief?
- Will you explain the verses that tell about the human and prophetic aspects of the Prophet?