Are natural disasters a warning of Allah?
- Are the recent natural disasters happening in the world and in our country a warning from our Lord?
- Can you give detailed information about natural disasters with verses and hadiths?
Submitted by on Thu, 21/10/2021 - 11:23
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the attributes / duties of prophets is “nadhir” meaning the one who warns. They prophesy the disasters that will strike those who persist in disobedience to Allah.
Allah Almighty states in His book that He “created death and life so that He would try which of us is best in deed” (al-Mulk: 67/2 ), “would test us with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of our toil)” (al-Baqara:2/155)
The material causes of natural disasters are certain; it is a topic of science.
There is also the Creator of the causes behind those causes; it is necessary not to forget it when such things happen, and to consider whether it is a warning or a penalty.
Every trouble that befalls a Muslim is definitely good for him: It either erases his past sins, or prevents the future afflictions and misfortunes, or it is a divine warning, or it is a test to increase his spiritual rank.
Questions on Islam
- It is said that disasters are atonements for sins. However, innocent and pious people may also suffer from disasters. How do you explain this?
- Why do we take precautions against acts of God though Allah creates everything?
- Why does Allah allow bad deeds to be committed in this world? Is it not injustice to watch oppression, injustice and evil without doing anything?
- Why does Allah not prevent extreme evil deeds, wars, drought, etc if He is Rahim (the Merciful) and Rahman (the Compassionate)?
- Can you explain the role of “khalifah” (vicegerent) attributed to man by the Quran from an ecological point of view?
- Does every trouble and misfortune that hits man come because of his sin?
- Can we transform troubles, misfortunes and illnesses into good things for us? How?
- How can the problem of evil be solved?
- What would you advise me to do in order to show patience in the face of illnesses and misfortunes?
- Will you explain the destruction of children and animals in the nations that are destroyed?