The utterance of the stars: It describes the skies and the stars in a poetic way.
[One time at night in a high spot on Çamdağı (the Pine Mountain) near Barla I was looking at the face of the heavens when the following lines suddenly occurred to me. With the imagination I heard the speaking of the stars through the tongue of disposition, and that is how the lines were written. Since I do not know the rules of versification, they were not written accordingly, but as they occurred to me. The piece is taken from the Fourth Letter, and the last part of the First Stopping Place of the Thirty-Second Word.]
THE UTTERANCE OF THE STARS
Then listen to the stars, listen to their harmonious address!
See what wisdom has emblazed on the decree of its light!
Altogether they start to speak with the tongue of truth,
They address the majesty of the All-Powerful One of Glory’s sovereignty:
We are each of us light-scattering proofs of the existence of our Maker;
We are witnesses both to His Unity and His Power;
We are subtle miracles gilding the face of the skies
For the angels to make excursions on;
We are the innumerable attentive eyes of the heavens
That watch the earth, that study Paradise; (1)
We are the innumerable exquisite fruits that the hand of wisdom of the Beauteous One of Glory has fastened
To the celestial portion of the tree of creation, to all the branches of the Milky Way;
For the inhabitants of the heavens, we are each of us a travelling mosque,
a spinning house, a lofty home,
Each is an illumining lamp, a mighty ship, an aeroplane;
We are each of us a miracle of power of the All-Powerful One of Perfection, The All-Wise One of Glory;
Each a wonder of His creative art, a rarity of His wisdom, a marvel of
His creation, a world of light;
We demonstrated to mankind innumerable proofs, we made them hear with these innumerable tongues of ours;
But their accursed unseeing, unbelieving eyes did not see our faces, they did not hear our words; and we are signs that speak the truth;
Our stamp is one; our seal is one; we are mastered by our Sustainer;
We glorify Him through our subjugation;
We recite His Names; we are each of us in ecstasy, a member of the
mighty circle of the Milky Way.
(1) That is, since innumerable miracles of power are exhibited on the face of the earth, which is the seedbed and tillage for Paradise, the angels in the world of the heavens gaze on those miracles, those marvels. And like the angels, the stars, which are like the eyes of the heavenly bodies, gaze on the finely fashioned creatures on the earth, and in so doing look at the world of Paradise. At the same time they look on both the earth and Paradise; they observe those fleeting wonders in an enduring form in Paradise. That is to say, there, there are prospects of both worlds.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
The Eighteenth Word : First Point: The share of the human soul in achievements; conceit and thanking
- The Fourth Letter states that Risale-i Nur received the honor of having the manifestations of Allah Almighty's names of Rahim (the Compassionate) and Hakim (the Perfectly Wise) and describes the skies and stars poetically.
- A short Addendum to the First Stopping-Place: The commentary of the verse “Do they not look at the sky above them?― How We have made it and adorned...” (Surah Qaf, 50:6)
- First Stopping-Place: The proof of the Wahdaniyyah (Oneness) of Almighty Allah.
- The Third Letter explains that there are infinite difficulties in the way of unbelief.
- About death
- The Sixth Topic from the Fruits of Belief: Recognizing Allah through the tongue of sciences.
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- The Thirteenth Word: How does the Qur'an expose the miraculousness in things which are known as ordinary? The ways of taking pleasure from the style of the Quran
- Isra and the Miracle of Miraj (Ascension)
- Second Aim: The duties of atoms and molecules in forming various matters.