There are various evaluations about love of world. While some people do not think anything other than worldly delights, some people oppose to all kinds of worldly delights and say one must struggle only for the Hereafter.
Some people misevaluate the wise suggestions of religious scholars about leaving the love of creatures and turning to the Creator, and they choose to live in a hermitage, which is totally against Islams sociable essence.
In Risale-i Nur Collection it is stated that this world has got three faces. They are a mirror reflecting Allahs names, a field for the Hereafter and a playground for the people who follow their desires. A Muslim loves the first two faces of the world. S/he tries to evaluate those faces through worship and meditation. On the other hand, s/he benefits from the boons of this world and enjoys them in a lawful way. The dangerous kind of worldly love is forgetting the first two faces and merely wasting time with the third face.
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) states People are asleep; when they die, they wake up and puts the heedlessness of those who play with the third face of the world into words quite well.
Our Lord informs us of the fact that this world is nothing but a play and amusement (al-Anam, 32). Only kids play such games and only debauched people are satisfied with amusement.
When a kid grows up and becomes an adult, he/she quits playing with his/her toy houses, which he/she built and impaired a lot of times, and seeks for an eternal home. And again when one grows, amusement is replaced by working and gaining knowledge in his/her life.
When this hadith and Bediuzzamans prayer show us the originals and sources of the boons, examples and shadows of which you have shown to us are juxtaposed, we can come up with this meaning: A person can eat and drink in his/her dream. Those foods satisfy him/her in dream. It is like a shadow fed on another shadow. However, when that person wakes up, he/she understands that he/she is hungry and starts to seek for his/her real food.
People who pass their time with worldly things and forget about real happiness are satisfied with shadows too. They will wake up when they die and perceive that the real satisfaction is only in Heaven. However, it will be too late for most people and they will have already missed the chance.
The Messenger of Allah states swearing: I swear by Allah, this world is like dipping a finger into the sea when compared to the Hereafter. See what will he have? What will your finger take from sea?
Eternal happiness is a sea and boons of the world are just wetness on the finger Those who do not drown in this wetness and who do not get wet in this slight humidity find the sea. Those who are not deceived by finite things reach the infinity.
- Different evaluations are made for the love of world. Some people think of nothing but the worldly pleasures while others oppose all kinds of worldly pleasures and say it is necessary to work only for the hereafter.
- What does it mean to love ones child, a friend, and parents for the sake of Allah? What are the criteria of loving for the sake of Allah?
- Is it not a torture to restrict ones freedom?
- "What is the life of this world but play and amusement?" "Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth..." How should we understand the verses above?
- Is it permissible for a person who is biologically and physiologically a man or a woman to have an operation and be equipped with some of the features and organs of the opposite sex just because he/she feels as a member of the opposite sex?
- Does Freedom mean doing whatever someone happens to want? If not, how should real freedom be understood?
- How should we understand the hadith, Mankind is in sleep, they wake up when they die?
- Could you give information about people who do not fulfill the requirements of religion although they say they believe and they are Muslims?
- How many missed (qada) can be performed the most a day? If a person who did not perform salah for ten years wants to perform them as qada and performs a hundred missed prayers a day, are these salahs accepted?
- It is announced that human has been created weak in Quran. Can you explain it?