How should we understand the hadith, Mankind is in sleep, they wake up when they die?
Submitted by on Mon, 12/04/2010 - 11:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
Man sees good dreams during his/her sleep, visits various places and eats different foods. However, all of them are just like shadows when compared to the real places and real foods of the awakened world. Those that were seen in dreams do not satisfy or bring anything to us. After waking up, we have only what we have and what we grasp in our hands.
The world is like a shadow or even a shadow of the shadow when compared to the life of the hereafter. The realm of grave is like a shadow compared to the hereafter and world life to the realm of grave.
We will wake up from the sleep of the world life by death and see our true wealth there. There will be nothing other than our deeds. Our Haram and Halal deeds will be personified as either good or bad. They shall be our friends till the Judgment day.
The realm of shadow will end with resurrection and we will arrive in the realm of truth that we call as the hereafter; we will have the real existence and true happiness there.
Alaaddin Başar (Prof.Dr.)
Questions on Islam
- What will the resurrection be like after death?
- Different evaluations are made for the love of world. Some people think of nothing but the worldly pleasures while others oppose all kinds of worldly pleasures and say it is necessary to work only for the hereafter.
- What is the most distinctive difference between the world and the hereafter?
- There are various evaluations about love of world. While some people do not think anything other than worldly delights, some people oppose to all kinds of worldly delights and say one must struggle only for the Hereafter.
- What does it mean to love ones child, a friend, and parents for the sake of Allah? What are the criteria of loving for the sake of Allah?
- When there is no bad and good, no wrong and right, no aim, no test in the paradise, Isn't the life in Paradise aimless?
- What are the characteristics of paradise life? Is eternal life not boring even if it is in paradise?
- Tenth Principle: The explanation of matters that are regarded as exaggeration concerning riwayahs about the merits and rewards of some actions or their evilness.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Life in the Grave is True