A short addendum to the Word on Paradise The cause of Hell’s existence.
A Short Addendum to the Word on Paradise
As is proved in the Second and Eighth Words, belief bears the seed of a sort of Paradise, while unbelief conceals the seed of a sort of Hell. And just as unbelief is a seed of Hell, so Hell is one of its fruits. And just as unbelief is the reason for being sent to Hell, so it is the cause of Hell’s existence and creation. For if an insignificant ruler of small dignity, small pride, and small majesty is told impudently by some unmannerly person: “You may not punish me and you cannot,” if there is no prison in that place, the ruler will certainly have one built for him and will throw him into it. However, by denying Hell, the unbeliever is giving the lie to One of infinite dignity, pride, and glory, Who is sublimely and infinitely powerful, and is accusing Him of impotence, lying, and powerlessness; he is insulting His dignity and offending His pride terribly. He is rebelliously causing affront to His glory. If, to suppose the impossible, there was no reason for Hell’s existence, it would certainly be created for unbelief, which comprises denial and ascribing impotence to this degree, and such an unbeliever would certainly be cast into it.
Our Sustainer! You did not create that in vain. Glory be unto You! Save us from the penalty of the Fire!1
1. Qur’an, 3:191.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Heaven and Hell
- Second Point: It deals with belief in the hereafter and the proofs of other pillars of belief.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains an important secret of the obscure secrets of the universe, and wisdoms behind the manifestations the divine names of ar-Rahim (All- Compassionate) al-Karim (The Generous) and Wadud (Loving). It consists of two stations.
- Seeds of Reality are aphorisms from the booklet called Seeds of Reality, which was first published in 1920.
- 3. Belief in Books
- First Remark: The universal needs of man; His ability in terms of good and evil; The power that he gains by being a slave of Allah. An explanation of the following verse; "Allah will change their evil into good."
- The Subject Index of Risale-i Nur
- Third Truth: The proofs of wisdom and justice in this world and the indication of the names of Wise and Just to the hereafter.