The Second Glisten: The news of Qur'an related to the future.
The Second Glisten is its giving news of the future, which is another part of the Unseen. There are many sorts of this. The first sort is particular, and special to the saints and those seek the truth through illumination. For example, Muhyiddin al-‘Arabi discovered numerous instances of the Qur’an’s giving news of the Unseen in the Sura,
Alif. Lam. Mim. * The Roman Empire has been defeated.1
And Imam-i Rabbani saw many signs of the events of the Unseen and the communicating of them through the ‘disjointed letters’ at the start of some Suras, and so on. For scholars of the Batiniya School, the Qur’an consisted from beginning to end of information about the Unseen. We, however, shall indicate some which are general. These too have many levels, one of which we shall discuss. Thus, the All-Wise Qur’an says to Allah’s Noble Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him):2
So patiently persevere, for Allah’s promise is true.3* You shall enter the Sacred Mosque if Allah wills, with minds secure, heads shaved, hair cut short, and without fear; * He it is Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, so it should prevail over all religion.4* But they, after this defeat of theirs will soon be victorious, * within a few years. With Allah is the decision.5* Soon will you see, and they will see * which of you is afflicted with madness.6* Or do they say: “A poet! We await for him some calamity [hatched] by time?” * Say: “Wait, then. And I shall wait with you!”7* And Allah will defend you from men.8* But if you cannot, and of a surety you cannot.9* But they will never seek it.10* We shall show them Our signs on the furthest horizons and in their own selves, so that it becomes clear to them that this is the Truth.11* Say: If the whole of mankind and the jinns were to come together to produce the like of this Qur’an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.12* Allah will produce a people whom He will love as they will love Him, lowly with the believers, mighty against the rejecters, fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the reproaches of such as find fault.13* And say: Praise be to Allah, Who will show you His signs, so that you shall know them.14* Say: He is the Most Merciful; we have believed in Him, and in Him have we put our trust. Soon you shall know which [of us] it is that is in manifest error.15
Allah has promised to those among you who believe and act righteously that He will of a surety grant them inheritance [of power] in the land, as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion, which He has chosen for them; and that He will change [their state] after their fear, to one of security and peace.16
The information about the Unseen which many verses like these give turned out to be exactly true. Because it was given by one who was subject to many criticisms and objections and could have lost his cause through the tiniest mistake, and was spoken unhesitatingly, and with absolute seriousness and confidence in a way that confirmed its authenticity, this news of the Unseen demonstrates with certainty that the one who gave it had received instruction from the Pre-Eternal Master, and then he spoke.
1. Qur’an, 30:1-2.
2. Since these verses which give news of the Unseen have been expounded in numerous Qur’anic commentaries, and also due to the haste imposed on the author by his intention to have this work printed in the old [Ottoman] script,* they have not been explained here and those valuable treasuries have remained closed. [*See, page 375, footnote 1 above. -Tr.]
3. Qur’an, 30:60.
4. Qur’an, 48:27-28.
5. Qur’an, 30:3-4.
6. Qur’an, 68:5-6.
7. Qur’an, 52:30-1.
8. Qur’an, 5:67.
9. Qur’an, 2:24.
10. Qur’an, 2:95.
11. Qur’an, 41:53.
12. Qur’an, 17:88.
13. Qur’an, 5:54.
14. Qur’an, 27:93.
15. Qur’an, 67:29.
16. Qur’an, 24:55.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- The First Glisten: The news of the Qur'an related to the past.
- First Radiance: The news of the Qur'an related to the Unseen.
- Conclusion: The Qur’an and Hz. Muhammad (PBUH) are a miracle for each other.
- Fifth Point: The wondrousness in the Qur'an's manner of exposition.
- Third Gleam: A comparison between the works of scholars who take lessons from the Qur’an and the Qur’an itself.
- Second Point: It explains the wisdom behind Allah Almighty’s oaths related to several things in verses like the following “By the sun and its glorious splendor.” (ash-Shams, 91:1.)
- The Fourteenth Word: Some verses and Hadiths which are difficult to understand: The creation of heavens and the earth in six days.
- Second Gleam: The Qur’an’s and Philosophy’s points of view on the world.
- A Second, small Objection of Satan: explains the Qur'an's conciseness, which is one of the most important miraculous aspects of the Qur'an, upon the objection of Satan.
- Can future be seen by a Soothsayer?