Now that Allah (SWT) created all of our actions, what is our fault?
Suppose that top floor of an apartment is full of bounties whereas basement is filled with the means of torture, and someone is in the elevator in this building. This person, who has already been told about the situation in the apartment, will receive many gifts if he hits the button for top floor and will be subjected to torture if he hits the button for basement.
Here, what will power only does is to make up its mind and decide which button to hit. As for elevator, it moves not through this persons power and will, but through some particular physical and mechanical laws. In other words, just as man does not go to the top floor with his own power, he does not go to the basement with his own power either. However, it is allowed for his will to determine where the elevator should go up or down.
All actions man makes can be evaluated by this criterion. For example, Allah Almighty declared that to go to pub is not permitted whereas to go to mosque is a virtuous act. The human body, with its will, is fit to determine where to go as in the example of elevator.
- Is it permissible for a woman who is in menstruation to fast?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- What is Sadaqah al-Fitr (Fitrah)?
- It is stated that those who perform fasting will enter Paradise through the gate of Rayyan. Will those who do not perform fasting not be able to enter Paradise?
- Does a woman who cannot fast in pregnancy perform fasting later or pay fidyah?
- Does a woman who is breastfeeding or pregnant have to perform fasting in Ramadan?
- Does having a tooth pulled invalidate fasting?
- Can ransom (fidyah) for fasting be given to a charity organization?
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?