How did false religions emerge?
After Hazrat Adam, in time, some people diverged from the belief of oneness, felt alienated from the true religion and fell into wrong beliefs by following their souls and the temptations from the devil. Thus, false religions emerged.
As people diverged from the true religion and fell into false religions, Allah sent them a new prophet and a new religion and called them to the belief of oneness. However, only some people obeyed that call; others insisted on their false religions. They not only insisted on not returning to the true religion but also prevented those who wanted to return by using force, oppression and torture. There always existed a struggle between those who believed in the true religion and those who did not in every age and period. We see that the struggle goes on also today under various names and forms.
- SCIENCE, RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS
- THE LABORATORY OF THE UNIVERSE AS A METAPHOR
- LIMITS OF SCIENCE AND RELIGION
- INTRODUCTION / EPISTEMOLOGY OF BELIEF
- RELIGIONS, RITUALS AND DOCTRINES
- STUDIES IN THE FIELD OF PSYCHIATRY AND RELIGION
- What are the causes that lead man to deception?
- Did Prophets emerge only in Mesopotamia and Arabia?