First Quality of Eloquence: The Qur'an shows Divine truths in the acts and works on the world.
• First Quality of Eloquence: With its miraculous exposition, the All-Wise Qur’an lays out, spreads out before the eyes, the acts and works of the All-Glorious Maker. Then it extracts the Divine Names from those works and acts, or it proves the basic aims of the Qur’an like the resurrection of the dead and Divine unity. An example of the first meaning is this:
He it is Who has created for you all things that are on the earth, then He turned His will to the heavens and ordered them as the seven heavens, for He has knowledge of all things.1
And an example of the second part:
Have We not made the earth as a resting place * And the mountains as pegs? * And [have We not] created you in pairs? * .... until, Verily the Day of Sorting Out is a thing appointed.2
In the first verse it describes the Divine works, and sets out the mightiest of them, which testify through their order and aims to knowledge and power, like the premises of a conclusion, or a momentous aim. Then it extracts the Name of All-Knowing. In the second verse, as is explained briefly in the Third Point of the First Ray in the First Light, it mentions Almighty Allah’s mighty acts and works, then concludes the resurrection of the dead, which is the Day of Sorting Out.
1. Qur’an, 2:29.
2. Qur’an, 78:6-17.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Second Beam: The wondrousness of the Qur'an when summarizing verses and pointing out to Divine names.
- Fifth Quality of Eloquence: The Qur'an shows Divine truths in simple and ordinary events and encourages meditation.
- Eight Quality of Eloquence: The Qur'an convinces hearts and minds by mentioning the observable works of this world when mentioning Divine works concerning the hereafter.
- Third Quality of Eloquence: The Qur'an explains Allah's acts in detail and summarizes them.
- Second Point of Eloquence: The Qur'an depicts Divine work of arts and summarizes them with Divine names.
- First Addendum: The miraculous aspects of the Qur’an and the proofs that it is the Word of Allah.
- Seventh Mystery of Eloquence: The Qur'an shows the manifestations of Divine names and Divine power behind causes.
- Ninth Point of Eloquence: The Qur'an shows comprehensive truths in insignificant events with Divine names.
- Fourth Point of Eloquence: The Qur'an mentions about the order in creatures with transparency which shows the Divine names behind them.
- Third Gleam: A comparison between the works of scholars who take lessons from the Qur’an and the Qur’an itself.