First Point: It is about the fact that the aim of serving the Quran prevented Badiuzzaman Said Nursi from politics.
It is asked: “Why have you withdrawn from politics and now have nothing to do with it?”
T h e A n s w e r : The Old Said of nine or ten years ago was involved in politics a certain amount; indeed, thinking he would serve religion and learning by means of politics, he was wearied for nothing. And he saw that it is a dangerous way which is doubtful and full of difficulties and for me superfluous, as well as forming an obstacle to the most necessary duties. It is mostly lies and there is the possibility of unknowingly being a tool in the hand of Europe. Furthermore, one who enters politics is either successful or is in opposition. As for being successful, since I am neither an official nor a deputy, to work in politics is unnecessary and nonsense for me. Politics has no need for me so that I should interfere for nothing. If I join the opposition, I would do so either with ideas or with force. If it was with ideas there is no need for me, for the questions are all clear, and everyone knows them as I do. To wag one’s chin pointlessly is meaningless. If I join the opposition for the purpose of force and to provoke an incident, there would be the possibility of committing thousands of sins in order to obtain a doubtful goal. Many people would be afflicted by disaster on account of one. So saying that in conscience he could not accept committing sins and causing the innocent to commit sins due to a one or two in ten possibility, the Old Said gave up cigarettes together with the newspapers, politics, and worldly conversation about politics. Decisive evidence for this is the fact that for the past eight years I have not read a single newspaper nor listened to one being read. Let someone come forward and say that I have read one or listened to one. Whereas eight years ago the Old Said used to read perhaps eight newspapers every day. Furthermore, for the past five years I have been under the closest scrutiny and surveillance. Anyone who has observed the slightest hint of political activity should say so. But for someone like me who is nervous, fearless, and without attachment, who considers the best stratagem to be without stratagem, his ideas will not remain secret for eight days, let alone eight years. If he had had the appetite and desire for politics, he would not have left any necessity for investigation and scrutiny, he would have given voice like the firing of a cannon.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Thirteenth Letter includes answers to the state of Badiuzzaman Said Nursi in his exile life, and the questions why he did not apply for a permission document and why he stayed away from politics.
- Second Point: Working seriously, sincerely and truly for the service of belief and eternal life necessitates staying away from politics.
- Fourth Point: An explanation that will eliminate the conflict between Shiite and Ahl as-Sunnah.
- Is everything mentioned in the Quran?
- The State of Arabia
- First Topic: It emphasizes the importance of brotherhood and love among Muslims. It explains with a persuasive style how damaging rancor and enmity are from the point of view of both Islam and social, individual and spiritual life.
- The Third: A comparison made between the time of the Prophet and nowadays in terms of the conditions that advance the abilities of ijtihad.
- RELIGIONS, RITUALS AND DOCTRINES
- Sixteenth Letter: It includes the answers of Badiuzzaman Said Nursi as five points to questions about the social life and politics in the period of one-party administration.
- Bediüzzaman Said Nursi