Eleventh Principle: The similes in hadiths that need expounding and interpretation.
ELEVENTH PRINCIPLE: Just as the Qur’an has obscure verses which are in need of interpretation or else require absolute submission, Hadiths also contain difficulties like the obscurities of the Qur’an. They are sometimes in need of extremely careful expounding and interpretation. The above examples may be sufficient for you.
Yes, someone who is awake interprets the dream of another who is sleeping, and sometimes one who is sleeping hears the words spoken by those near him who are awake, but gives them a meaning and interprets them in a way that applies to his own world of sleep. O man stupified by the sleep of heedlessness and philosophy! Do not deny in your dream what One saw, who manifested the meaning of, His eye never wavered nor did it swerve,1 and My eye sleeps, but my heart sleeps not,2 and who was truly awake and aware, interpret it. Yes, if a mosquito bites someone who is asleep, he sometimes dreams that he has received terrible wounds in war and this has a reality in sleep. If he was to be questioned, he would say: “Truly I have been wounded. Guns and rifles were fired at me.” Those sitting by him laugh at his anguish in sleep. Thus, the sleep-stained view of heedlessness and philosophical thought certainly cannot be the criterion for the truths of prophethood.
1. Qur’an, 53:17.
2. Bukhari, Tahajjud, 16; Tarawih, 1; Manaqib, 24; Tirmidhi, Adab, 86; Musnad, i, 274.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
Twelfth Principle: The distinctness of the point of view of the Qur'an and philosophy and the results that arise from this distinction.
- Third Branch: Twelve Principles that ensure true understanding of hadiths that are misunderstood on issues such as the signs of the Last Day.
- Isra and the Miracle of Miraj (Ascension)
- Some questions that can come to the mind about the miracle of Miraj (Ascension): Why is the great Ascension peculiar to Hz. Muhammad (pbuh)? A plane can go up to one or two kilometers with a lot of difficulties.
- Life in the Grave is True
- Prophet Isa [Jesus] (Peace be upon him)
- The Biggest and Eternal Miracle is the Qur'an
- Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] (Peace be upon him)
- What is the real existance of a living thing(spl:Human) spirit or body?
- How should it be understood that the Quran was sent down clearly? Is it possible for everybody to read the translation of the Quran and practice it?
- Can a dead person contact with the actual world? Can they see the people who visit their graves?