Is worshipping more acceptable in the Kaaba or Arafat?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/11/2017 - 11:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
Every deed of worship is valuable where it is done. Therefore, the importance of prayer (dua) said in Arafat is different and the prayer performed in the Kaaba is different. Besides, there are narrations stating that prayers performed in the Kaaba are more virtuous than prayers performed in other mosques.
The Prophet (pbuh) praised Masjid al-Haram by saying, “A prayer performed in Masjid al-Aqsa is equal to one thousand prayer; a prayer performed in Masjid an-Nabawi is equal to ten thousand prayers; a prayer performed in the Kaaba is equal to one hundred thousand prayers.”
Hz. Abu Hurayra narrates: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"Prayer in this mosque of mine is more virtuous." –In another narration- "A prayer in this mosque of mine is more virtuous than one thousand prayers in other mosques except Masjid al-Haram." [Bukhari, Fadlus-Salat 1; Muslim, Hajj 505, (1394); Muwatta, Qiblah 9, (1, 196); Tirmidhi, Salat 243, (325); Nasai, Masajid 7, (2, 35).]
In other hadiths that Ibn Hajar includes in the explanation, the superiority of the prayers performed in Masjid al-Haram and even in Masjid al-Aqsa is expressed by some numbers. The following is stated in a narration in Musnad:
"A prayer in this mosque of mine is more virtuous than one thousand prayers in other mosques except Masjid al-Haram. A prayer in Masjid al-Haram is more virtuous than one hundred prayers in this mosque of mine."
The following is stated in a narration of Bazzar:
"A prayer performed in Masjid al-Haram is equal to one hundred thousand prayers. A prayer performed in this mosque of mine is equal to one thousand prayers. A prayer performed in Bayt al-Maqdis is equal to five hundred prayers."
(Prof. Dr. İbrahim Canan, Kütüb-i Sitte)
Questions on Islam
- Are people living and worshipping in holy places like Makkah and Madinah luckier and more advantageous than those living in other places?
- Since the Kaaba is the first house built for worshipping, why did Masjid al-Aqsa become the qiblah in the first years of Islam?
- Why the phrase the direction of Masjid al-Haram is used and not the Kaaba?
- Is it permissible to lie down and sleep (when others perform prayers) in the mosque?
- Why do we turn to the Ka’aba, that is, Masjid al-haram in prayers?
- Should we look at the Kaaba or at the place where we prostrate while performing a prayer in Masjid al-Haram?
- What are the frequent questions about hajj?
- Can you give information about the Kaaba?
- Why is the covering of the Kaaba black? What chapters and verses are written on this covering?
- Qiblah is changed to Masjid Al-Haram