Will you give information about conceit/pride that makes man exit belief and that does not?
Submitted by on Sat, 30/09/2017 - 09:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
Conceit is divided into two: The first is conceit toward Allah and the Prophet, which is unbelief. The second is conceit among people, which is unethical.
The expression in the hadith states that a conceited person will not be able to enter Paradise. However, the conceit mentioned in the hadith is conceit toward Allah and the Prophet. Such conceit will be unbelief and it is definite that a person having conceit in the sense of unbelief cannot enter Paradise.
If conceit, which is an ethical property, is considered in the sense of despising others and making fun of them, it is not a property that makes man exit religion. However, it is haram and it can cause a person to commit deeds that can make him exit religion. A person with such conceit will enter Paradise with the forgiveness and pardoning of Allah after he is punished in Hell. As a matter of fact, Allah states the following in a verse:
"And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury." (al-Hijr, 15/47)
He states that the ethical faults of the world will be cleaned from the heart of the people who enter Paradise.
Questions on Islam
- SCIENCE, RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS
- How can we Strengthen our Belief? Will you give information about the Increase and Decrease of Belief, Tahqiq (Investigative) and Taqlid (Imitative) Belief and the Importance of Belief?
- What is the importance of belief for man?
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?
- Prophet Hud (Peace be upon him)
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- Is the following statement a hadith: "Hellfire will not burn a person who says La ilaha illallah"?
- Ten principles while reading the Quran
- What is major and minor “Kufr” (unbelief)? Will you explain it by giving examples? How can we protect ourselves from all kinds of unbelief?