Will you give information about conceit/pride that makes man exit belief and that does not?
Submitted by on Sat, 30/09/2017 - 09:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
Conceit is divided into two: The first is conceit toward Allah and the Prophet, which is unbelief. The second is conceit among people, which is unethical.
The expression in the hadith states that a conceited person will not be able to enter Paradise. However, the conceit mentioned in the hadith is conceit toward Allah and the Prophet. Such conceit will be unbelief and it is definite that a person having conceit in the sense of unbelief cannot enter Paradise.
If conceit, which is an ethical property, is considered in the sense of despising others and making fun of them, it is not a property that makes man exit religion. However, it is haram and it can cause a person to commit deeds that can make him exit religion. A person with such conceit will enter Paradise with the forgiveness and pardoning of Allah after he is punished in Hell. As a matter of fact, Allah states the following in a verse:
"And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury." (al-Hijr, 15/47)
He states that the ethical faults of the world will be cleaned from the heart of the people who enter Paradise.
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about conceit?
- How should we answer those who allege that Paradise and Hell are not eternal, and that after a while (God forbid), Allah will feel bored and destroy Paradise and Hell?
- Why is Hell eternal for unbelievers?
- Prophet Hud (Peace be upon him)
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?
- What is the decree about the Shiite who curse and insult the Companions?
- How can we Strengthen our Belief? Will you give information about the Increase and Decrease of Belief, Tahqiq (Investigative) and Taqlid (Imitative) Belief and the Importance of Belief?
- Will you mention the properties of the People of Paradise under the light of verses and hadiths?
- Is it true that men get 72 virgin women in paradise when they die? If so does it apply to a men that are married in this life as well?
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)