Will all the people of Paradise look the same?
I have read that the people of Paradise will be in the image of Prophet Adam and they will resemble one another. Does that mean they will all have the same face and look alike like robots? Is it true? How will they be distinguished from one another?
Can you please answer from the Quran and hadiths?
Submitted by on Mon, 04/09/2023 - 12:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Many people in this world can resemble the Prophet Yusuf (Joseph) and have a beauty close to his. It is not appropriate to claim that the faces of people who share similar beauties are too similar to distinguish.
Ugly faces of the same tone have no resemblance that can be confused; similarly, those who share beauties of the same tone do not show a resemblance that can be confused. Such a similarity is contrary to the names of Allah musawwir, muzayyin, mujammil and mufaddil, as well as the secret of ahadiyyah (oneness).
The Quran indicates that the difference in people’s faces, colors, even languages, voices and accents prove many attributes of Allah. (For example, see ar-Rum, 22)
It is contrary to divine wisdom to delete the symbols of Allah, which are the signs of these attributes, in an eternal place.
The following statement of our Prophet (pbuh) shows that the beauties in Paradise are also different and their tones change over time:
“In Paradise, there is a street to which the people of Paradise come every Friday. The north wind will blow and scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and add to their beauty and loveliness. Then they will go back to their families after having an added luster to their beauty and loveliness. Their wives will say to them: ‘By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us.’
The men will say: ‘By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us!’ (Muslim, Jannah 13)
Questions on Islam
- Why is there no sense of jealousy in Paradise?
- Will Houris be uniform or in different forms in Paradise?
- What are the hadiths related to Paradise and Hell? When the people of Paradise enter Paradise, Allah will say...”
- Is it true that men get 72 virgin women in paradise when they die? If so does it apply to a men that are married in this life as well?
- The Fourth Question shows the way of accessing true love from metaphorical love.
- In the Paradise houris (houri: A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful) will be given to men. What about the marital status of women in the Hereafter?
- Heaven and Hell
- The Twenty-Eight Word: Answers to a number of questions about Paradise. Do material pleasures along with the pleasure of marriage exist in Paradise?
- Third Aim: The explanation of verses such as “The Best of Creators” and “The Most Compassionate of the Compassionate” and the answer to the question about the perfection of the Creator of all the worlds.
- Is there a market for (physical) appearance in paradise? If so, how should it be apprehended?