Why were religions sent only in certain languages? Why is Islam the last religion and why is there no other religion after it?
Submitted by on Thu, 25/06/2015 - 12:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
Not all prophets are mentioned in the Bible and the Quran. The prophets and nations that Allah wanted to teach lessons by are mentioned in them. This made it necessary to mention revelations sent down in certain languages in certain regions.
In the holy books that we have, the prophets in the region of Mesopotamia, which is regarded as the cradle of humanity are mentioned. Therefore, the revelations sent in the language of the nations living there became prominent.
- In fact, according to the information given by the Quran, every community was sent a prophet and every prophet received revelation in the language of his own tribe and conveyed it to his community:
“Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).”(Fatır, 35/24) It is stated in the verse above that every region and every nation was sent a prophet. “We sent not a messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them.” (Ibrahim, 14/4) It is stated in the verse above that every prophet received revelation in the language of his own people and conveyed it to his people.
- The reason why Islam is the last religion is obvious. All religions were sent in order to guide people and to inform people about what Allah wants from them. There was the first religion and it is natural that there will be the last religion. And that last religion was devised as Islam. If it were not Islam, the same question would be asked: “Why is this religion the last religion?”
- The religion of Islam has properties that can survive up to the Doomsday. For, the religion of Islam contains the basic principles of all of the revelations sent since the time of Hz. Adam. Allah taught people the principles of happiness in both the world and the hereafter through prophets since that day.
Allah, who does everything based on wisdom, used the law of gradualism and evolution for the education of people. In the first stage, He sent pages to the people who were at the level of elementary school. When they reached the level of secondary education, He sent them the books like the Torah, the Gospel and the Psalms.
When the humanity reached the level of university, Allah, who is Wise, sent them the Quran, a unique, universal book.
The differences among these books are related to the abilities of their addressees. It is the necessity of the conciseness and wisdom, truth and justice of the Quran to be appropriate for the capacity of knowledge, manners and understanding of the people of all ages.
To sum up,There is no need for any extra revelation because the Quran has everything to meet the needs of all people up to the Doomsday.
Questions on Islam
- Why is the language of the Quran Arabic? How can we answer those who regard this as nationalism? Is it not better if we read the translation of the Quran?
- What does belief in books express?
- Why should we rely on scriptures and how much these books are authenticate, how could we identify their authenticity?
- Why there are conflicts between religions although they believe in the same Allah?
- Why were holy books sent down?
- Why are the religions other than Islam not regarded as valid?
- Why were holy books sent down?
- Why didn't Allah sent Quran at first??
- Why did Allah send the Quran as the last book?
- Why did the majority of the prophets emerge in Middle East? Were there prophets sent to all communities?