Why does scientific conceit cause denial?
Submitted by on Thu, 18/06/2020 - 10:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
4.2.4-Scientific conceit causes denial
The following question can come to mind here: How do some of the scientists who see such a magnificent system not find and accept the real owner of this science?
Intelligences that become narrowed by absorption in neglect of God and in sin, or the material realm, are unable to comprehend vast matters in respect of sublimity, grandeur, and infinity; hence taking pride in such knowledge as they have, they hasten to denial and negation. Since they cannot encompass the extremely vast, profound and comprehensive questions of faith within their straitened and desiccated intellects, their corrupt and spiritually moribund hearts, they cast themselves into unbelief and misguidance, and choke.
If they were able to look at the true nature of their unbelief and the essence of their misguidance, they would see that, compared to the reasonable, suitable and indeed necessary sublimity and grandeur that is present in belief, their unbelief conceals and contains manifold absurdity and impossibility.
Questions on Islam
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Will you explain with examples that all branches of science are based on a name of Allah?
- The Addendum to the Fifteenth Word is an answer to the delusion of Satan and his followers concerning the Qur'an.
- Third Stopping-Place: The point of views of the people of misguidance and the people of guidance on the worldly life.
- What are the fossils put forward as a transitional form about the past of man?
- Can you give information about the hijra (Migration) that Our Prophet (pbuh) made?
- What is the Risale-i Nur?
- First Topic: It is an answer given to Satan and the delusion of his followers about the Quran.
- A Significant Point and Important Mystery: The relation between the branches of science and Divine names.
- How did the positivist movement develop in Anatolia?