Why do Alawites not fast in Ramadan? Do they not know that Hz. Ali performed fasting in Ramadan?
Submitted by on Tue, 21/11/2017 - 11:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
We learn the orders of Islam from our book, the Quran, and from the Sunnah of our Prophet, Hz. Muhammad (pbuh). The pillars of Islam are definite. No matter what their name is, no group or sect can deny prayers and fasting. Therefore, there cannot be a satisfactory answer regarding the issue. A Muslim can be satisfied only by the Quran and the Sunnah. There is no other satisfying evidence.
Besides, it cannot be said that all Alawites "do not perform prayers and fasting". Some Alawites perform prayers and they fast in Ramadan.
Questions on Islam
- What is the difference between the Shias and Sunnis?
- How did Shiism emerge?
- What is the real name of Karbala? Was it given this name after Hz. Husayn was martyred?
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
- can a sunni girl can marry to a shia boy?
- Pregnant Women and Fasting
- What is the truth about the issue of the twelve imams according to the Sunnis and the Shias?
- Will you give information about fasting in order to welcome Ramadan or to bid farewell to Ramadan, and the number of days in the month of Ramadan?
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?