Why did Allah create fornication which is a very evil deed?
Submitted by on Tue, 10/08/2010 - 13:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
We may ask such a question at this point. Essentially, this action is not fornication in creation. It was created as a action of sexual intercourse so that human generations could be reproduced. It is a very beneficial deed in terms of its result.
The thing Allah created is not fornication. Fornication is a deed which a person decides to commit of his own accord. What Allah created is sexual intercourse and it is bestowed just for reproduction. It is a God-given blessing for people to continue their generation.
The pleasure therein is an advance payment to people in order to continue their generation. Humans are obliged to use this pleasure and satisfaction within legal bounds. When they misuse it in places which they do not own, it is the commitment of fornication.
Allah creates things based on general results and general benefits. It is man’s own faults due to his actions if they result in some sort of unfortunate evil. See how our Lord states this fact in a verse from the Qur’an : “(O human being!) Whatever good happens to you, it is from God; and whatever evil befalls you, it is from yourself.”( the Qur’an, an-Nisa, 4:79)
In other words, the committer of fornication is the human, so the hideousness, therefore, belongs to human. However, while human commits it, the action is created by Allah. Since it is he who commits fornication, it is him who should be punished.
M. Ali Seyhan
Questions on Islam
- What is an illicit relationship? What should we understand from illicit relationships (e.g prostitution, fornication)?
- Is there a type of covering of which Islam has prescribed? What is the purpose of tasattur (covering)? What does “garment of piety (taqwa)” mean? “Why should we cover our bodies in this age?”
- What are the qualities of those who enter the garden of Firdaws? (The Highest Gardens of the Paradise)
- Is marriage without flirtation not possible? What are the disadvantages of flirtation? Does Islam permit flirtation?
- What does it mean that fasting is a protective shield? How does fasting protect us?
- What is the wisdom behind circumambulating the Kaaba seven times? What is the meaning of tawaf (circumambulation)
- Why is Islam the true religion?
- Is it sin to wish death and commit sucide?
- What is the Wisdom Behind Stoning the Devil?
- What is the rule of delaying prayers beyond their proper times at particular times of education and training at school, what should be done? Is it permissible to perform prayers by combining two prayers?