Is it sin to wish death and commit sucide?
Submitted by on Sat, 14/08/2010 - 17:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
In this respect Anas quotes Allah’s Messenger as saying:
The Messenger of Allah said:
"Let none of you wish death because of some trouble visited on you. If he feels compelled to kill himself, let him say this: “O Lord! Let me live if it is good for me, or take my life if it is good for me." ( Bukhari, marda,19)
Questions on Islam
- What are the qualities of those who enter the garden of Firdaws? (The Highest Gardens of the Paradise)
- What is the rule of delaying prayers beyond their proper times at particular times of education and training at school, what should be done? Is it permissible to perform prayers by combining two prayers?
- What does it mean that fasting is a protective shield? How does fasting protect us?
- Is there a type of covering of which Islam has prescribed? What is the purpose of tasattur (covering)? What does “garment of piety (taqwa)” mean? “Why should we cover our bodies in this age?”
- What is an illicit relationship? What should we understand from illicit relationships (e.g prostitution, fornication)?
- Is marriage without flirtation not possible? What are the disadvantages of flirtation? Does Islam permit flirtation?
- What is the wisdom behind circumambulating the Kaaba seven times? What is the meaning of tawaf (circumambulation)
- What is the wisdom and benefit of fasting?
- Could you please give information about the Tarawih prayer?
- What is the meaning of the “being forgotten by of Allah” mentioned in a Hadith?