Who helped Hz. Nuh (Noah) when he built the Ark?
Submitted by on Wed, 20/02/2019 - 14:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
“But construct an Ark under Our eyes and Our inspiration...” (Hud, 11/37)
According to the expression of the verse above, Hz. Nuh (Noah) built the ship directly with the inspiration he received from God Almighty. This issue is perceived like that in all tafsir resources we have seen. (see Tabari, Razi, Ibn Kathir, Baydawi, Nasafi, Ebu’s-Suud Efendi, Fathul-Qadir, Alusi, the interpretation of the verse in question)
According to some scholars, what is meant by the phrase “bi a’yunina = under Our eyes” is the angels that were sent to help and protect Hz. Nuh. (Qurtubi and Shawkani / Fathul-Qadir, the interpretation of Hud, 37)
To sum up, we have not come across with the names of the angels that helped Hz. Nuh in our research regarding the issue. As it is stated above and according to the majority of scholars, Hz. Nuh built the ship directly with the inspiration he received from Allah.
Questions on Islam
- Did the Flood of Noah cover the whole world? Did the humankind continue from Hz. Nuh (Noah)?
- Prophet Nuh [Noah] (Peace be upon him)
- Will you give information about the miracles of prophets being pioneers of the wonders of civilization?
- The Quran tells us that the wives of Hz. Nuh and Hz. Lut were unbelievers. Was it permissible to marry unbelievers in their shari’ah?
- Question 59: How were microorganisms taken to Hz. Nuh’s (Noah’s) Ark and placed? How did Hz. Nuh fit gigantic dinosaurs like Seismosaurus and T-Rex in his Ark?
- How did human beings go to and settle in continents? How did they go especially to America?
- Is the name of Hz. Musa's sister Maryam or Kulthum?
- What are the evidences of the obligation of kaffarah (atonement) for fasting?
- How many nations and tribes were destroyed? Where, how and why?
- Did Hz. Nuh (Noah) continue the duty of prophethood after the deluge too?