While a woman prays, to what extent of uncovering her arms and wrists invalidate the prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 17:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
Uncovering less than 1/4 of a body part which needs to be covered does not invalidate the prayer. However, any uncovering which is more than 1/4 is an obstacle for the prayer. If a part of awrah is uncovered during the prayer and it is covered without any delay, the prayer is not invalidated. However, if it is uncovered in the length of rukn (part) of the prayer, that is, covered after waiting long enough to say "subhanallah" three times, the prayer is invalidated. The deed of covering should be performed with one hand. Things that are performed with two hands are regarded to be amal kathir (major action) and they invalidate the prayer.
Questions on Islam
- After having performed a prayer, is it necessary for a woman to perform it again if she realizes that a few strands of her hair or more is visible?
- Will you please give information about amal kathir (major action) / things that invalidate the prayer?
- Is wudu (ablution) invalidated if a woman uncovers her hair?
- What is amal kathir in prayer? I know that changing the place of things in prayer invalidates prayer. Is prayer invalidated if a person changes the place of things involuntarily?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- What are the acts that a Muslim should do before and during the prayer?
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)
- Things that invalidate prayer
- How Many Pillars (Essential Parts) are there in a Prayer?