While a woman prays, to what extent of uncovering her arms and wrists invalidate the prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 17:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
Uncovering less than 1/4 of a body part which needs to be covered does not invalidate the prayer. However, any uncovering which is more than 1/4 is an obstacle for the prayer. If a part of awrah is uncovered during the prayer and it is covered without any delay, the prayer is not invalidated. However, if it is uncovered in the length of rukn (part) of the prayer, that is, covered after waiting long enough to say "subhanallah" three times, the prayer is invalidated. The deed of covering should be performed with one hand. Things that are performed with two hands are regarded to be amal kathir (major action) and they invalidate the prayer.
Questions on Islam
- After having performed a prayer, is it necessary for a woman to perform it again if she realizes that a few strands of her hair or more is visible?
- Is wudu (ablution) invalidated if a woman uncovers her hair?
- Does performing ruku and sajdah (prostration) before the command of the imam invalidate the prayer?
- Will you please give information about amal kathir (major action) / things that invalidate the prayer?
- What are the decrees about awrah places being opened while performing prayers? Is it permissible to perform prayers wearing a garment with a hole as big as a walnut a bit over the knee?
- What is amal kathir in prayer? I know that changing the place of things in prayer invalidates prayer. Is prayer invalidated if a person changes the place of things involuntarily?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- Is the prayer of a man invalidated if his waist is opened in prayer? I am very tall; therefore, my waist is opened in prayer no matter what I wear. Is it regarded as an excuse?
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)