Which wife of his did the prophet (PBUH) lead the funeral prayer himself?
Submitted by on Sat, 27/06/2015 - 10:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
-Two wives of the prophet (pbuh) passed away while he was alive.
There was no religious decree about funeral prayers at the time when Hz. Khadijah died.
Thus, the prophet did not lead her funeral prayer.
His second wife was Zaynab bint Khuzayma. As there was a religious decree for the funeral prayer when she died, the prophet (PBUH) led her funeral prayer. And she was the only wife of the prophet who had this honor.
Hz. Zaynab bint Khuzayma, passed away for about two or three months (in some narrations eight months) after her marriage with the prophet (pbuh) (see Ibn Qayyim, Zadu’l-Maad, 1/103; Ibnul-Athir, Usdul-Ghaba, V, 297)
Questions on Islam
- Will you inform us about the vow of the Prophet related to Mariya? Did something like that take place?
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) marry Hz. Zaynab bint Jahsh upon the order of Allah? What is the wisdom behind this marriage?
- New Marriages of the Prophet
- Some other Important Incidents of the 4th Year of the Migration
- Can you give some information about the children of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Hamna bint Jahsh (r.anha)
- The Prophet Marries Hazrat Zaynab Bint Jahsh
- Zaynab (r.anha)
- Zaynab bint Jahsh (r.anha)
- Will you give information about the children of the Prophet (pbuh)?