When will shaitan (Satan) die?
Submitted by on Sat, 24/01/2009 - 11:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
Shaytan (Satan), who gave up the hope of divine mercy, and completely became alone as a result of assuming self-importance when he was commanded to prostrate for Hazrat Adam (peace be upon him), started to worry about his life. Then he begged Allah as follows: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up." (Qur’an, al-A'raf, 7/14). What is meant by “till the day they are raised up” is the second blowing of the Sur (the trumpet of the day of Judgement)by the angel Israfel. (Qur’an, Az-Zumar, 39/68) (Qur’an, Al-Mutaffifin, 83/6).
As he knew that after resurrection there will no more be resurrecting, he was thinking that by asking for a respite he would be saved from death. His begging for immortality was answered as "Be you among those who have respite." (Qur’an, Al-Araf, 7/15) with the condition “Till the Day of the Time Appointed." (Qur’an, Al-Hijr, 15/38). What is meant by “Till the Day of the Time Appointed.", is the first blowing of the Sur (Qur’an, An-Naml, 27/87).
With this, he (Shaytan) preferred a life full of abasement and insult to death. And it became the real descent for him.
As it can be understood from the explanations above, as a matter of fact Shaytan did not deny Allah and resurrection after death. He also knew that Hazrat Adam (peace be upon him) will have generations on the earth, that they will live there for a while, that they will die
and that one day they will be resurrected. So then, his blasphemy was not because he denied Allah and lfe after death, but because he did not perform the given command and objected to it. (Yazır, Elmalılı,III, 2135).
Questions on Islam
- Does Allah let Satan (the devil) pervert human beings? Can you explain it? If Satan approaches us with the permission of Allah, why does Allah let Satan do it?
- Why does Allah allow Satan to live until the Doomsday?
- What is the purpose or benefit of Satan in wanting to deviate man until the day of judgement?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- Did Satan know that humans would die and be resurrected, that is, did he know the future?
- Why is Satan mentioned together with angels?
- First Matter: The example of the return of spirits to their bodies is proved with the mustering, at a loud bugle call, of the members of a well-disciplined army after they have dispersed to rest.
- Conclusion: The explanation of the verse as "Your creation and resurrection is but like a single soul"
- 2- Why does Satan cause delusion in man?
- Third Point: The uniqueness and wondrousness of the Qur'an's style.