When will shaitan (Satan) die?
Submitted by on Sat, 24/01/2009 - 11:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
Shaytan (Satan), who gave up the hope of divine mercy, and completely became alone as a result of assuming self-importance when he was commanded to prostrate for Hazrat Adam (peace be upon him), started to worry about his life. Then he begged Allah as follows: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up." (Qur’an, al-A'raf, 7/14). What is meant by “till the day they are raised up” is the second blowing of the Sur (the trumpet of the day of Judgement)by the angel Israfel. (Qur’an, Az-Zumar, 39/68) (Qur’an, Al-Mutaffifin, 83/6).
As he knew that after resurrection there will no more be resurrecting, he was thinking that by asking for a respite he would be saved from death. His begging for immortality was answered as "Be you among those who have respite." (Qur’an, Al-Araf, 7/15) with the condition “Till the Day of the Time Appointed." (Qur’an, Al-Hijr, 15/38). What is meant by “Till the Day of the Time Appointed.", is the first blowing of the Sur (Qur’an, An-Naml, 27/87).
With this, he (Shaytan) preferred a life full of abasement and insult to death. And it became the real descent for him.
As it can be understood from the explanations above, as a matter of fact Shaytan did not deny Allah and resurrection after death. He also knew that Hazrat Adam (peace be upon him) will have generations on the earth, that they will live there for a while, that they will die
and that one day they will be resurrected. So then, his blasphemy was not because he denied Allah and lfe after death, but because he did not perform the given command and objected to it. (Yazır, Elmalılı,III, 2135).
Questions on Islam
- Why does Allah allow Satan to live until the Doomsday?
- Does Allah let Satan (the devil) pervert human beings? Can you explain it? If Satan approaches us with the permission of Allah, why does Allah let Satan do it?
- Conclusion: The explanation of the verse as "Your creation and resurrection is but like a single soul"
- Third Point: The uniqueness and wondrousness of the Qur'an's style.
- What is the purpose or benefit of Satan in wanting to deviate man until the day of judgement?
- Third Part of the Addendum: The verses "It will be naught but a single cry" (36:29); and "The command of the Hour will be like the glance of the eye" (16:77) inform us that the Doomsday will strike instantaneously, in a flash.
- The Fourth Part of the Addendum: The Qur'an convinces hearts and minds with visible deeds of the world while informing them about the Divine deeds which are related to the hereafter.
- First Station: Answers to some objections and delusions about the Qur'an.
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- How can we overcome the fear of death?