What should we do if someone near/with us is being mocked at?
Submitted by on Mon, 23/08/2010 - 14:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is impermissible to mock at someone, either face to face or in his absence. The Quranic verse says: “Woe to every (kind of) scandal-monger and backbiter, who pileth up wealth and layeth it by thinking that his wealth would make him last for ever! By no means! He will be sure to be thrown into that which Breaks to Pieces…” (al-Humaza, 1-4). If we can, we must silence the mocker. If we cannot, we should show our discontent and leave the place.
Questions on Islam
- Surah 104. Al-Humaza (The Traducer, The Gossipmonger)
- How should one answer a person who hurts his feelings among other people and who demoralizes him?
- What are the qualities of those who enter the garden of Firdaws? (The Highest Gardens of the Paradise)
- Is marriage without flirtation not possible? What are the disadvantages of flirtation? Does Islam permit flirtation?
- All about High Ethics
- Are the concepts "humaza" and "lumaza" in the chapter of al-Humaza related to the rich? Piling up wealth is mentioned in the verses.
- Why did Allah create fornication which is a very evil deed?
- Is there a type of covering of which Islam has prescribed? What is the purpose of tasattur (covering)? What does “garment of piety (taqwa)” mean? “Why should we cover our bodies in this age?”
- What is an illicit relationship? What should we understand from illicit relationships (e.g prostitution, fornication)?
- In which situations is a person permitted not to fast?