What should a girl who wants to dress in accordance with tasattur / wear hijab but whose family opposes it do?
Submitted by on Fri, 27/10/2017 - 11:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
Mother and father are the people that have to be obeyed. Therefore, it is necessary to obey their wishes that are halal (legitimate). However, one cannot obey haram orders even if they are from his/her parents. From this point of view, a girl cannot obey the wishes her parents who oppose her hijab. For, Allah is the owner of all beings. It is necessary to obey His wishes first. Besides, those who will help us in the grave, Gathering Place, Sirat and the other realms of the hereafter will not be those who oppose the tasattur of girls.
Accordingly, your friend needs to cover her body without insulting her parents and without uttering words that will break their hearts.
The following hadiths lay it as a condition that obedience must be in accordance with Allah's consent:
"Whoever among you commands you to do something that involves disobedience to Allah, do not obey him." (Ibn Majah, Jihad, 40);
"There is no submission in matters involving Allah's disobedience. Submission is obligatory only in what is halal."(Bukhari, Ahkam, 4; Muslim, Imarah, 39-40).
Questions on Islam
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- Can there not be fashion of tasattur (hijab)? Can Fashion be Associated with Hijab?
- Hijab Conflict with Non-muslim mother.
- How is it necessary for a woman to cover her body at home? Do angels run away if her head is uncovered?
- What should the dressing style of a Muslim woman be like?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- Does wearing hijab (tasattur) cause bone thinning (osteoporosis)?
- Is it haram to work in the production of clothes that are contrary to tasattur (hijab), to manufacture and sell them? Is the money earned from them halal?
- I am a woman who does not wear hijab but I perform prayers. Are the prayers performed by a woman who does not wear hijab valid?
- Is it permissible to marry a woman without tasattur?