What is the duty of prophets?
Submitted by on Thu, 15/07/2021 - 11:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
“The Quran’s basic duty is to teach about the perfections and acts in the ‘sphere of dominicality’ and the duties and circumstances in the ‘sphere of worship.’”
With the statement above, Badiuzzaman Said Nursi expresses the holy duty of prophets in a concise way.
Allah's essence, attributes, deeds and names are the sphere of Dominicality (Lordship). Duties of slavery like obeying Allah's commands, avoiding His prohibitions and to meditate on the realm of creatures, which is a place of manifestation of divine names and attributes, is the sphere of worship.
Man cannot make a judgment in any issues of those two spheres without following a prophet. If he does, his judgment is bound to remain personal and individual.
Prophets are divine messengers that introduce the first sphere to people and teach them their duties related to the second sphere.
Questions on Islam
- What are the duties (functions) of Prophets (peace be upon them all)?
- What is prophethood? Were prophets sent in every period?
- Second Station: It is a summary about the proof of oneness from the point of the Greatest Name.
- How can the problem of evil be solved?
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- A Brief Look at Bediuzzaman Said Nursi’s Life, The Risale-i Nur, and ‘Letters-1928-1932’
- How should we understand the statement, "Allah is not anywhere and He is everywhere"? They say, "Allah is very close to us and we are far away from Him." How is it possible?
- Are Paradise and Hell Eternal? What are the Evidences?
- Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains an important secret of the obscure secrets of the universe, and wisdoms behind the manifestations the divine names of ar-Rahim (All- Compassionate) al-Karim (The Generous) and Wadud (Loving). It consists of two stations.
- Why is Hell eternal for unbelievers?