What does Quran say about nuclear vs extended families?
Submitted by on Wed, 10/12/2008 - 23:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
The daughter-in-law does not have to stay in the same place with her parents-in-law; she does not have to look after them (legally). However she is advised (religiously) to serve them. From that point of view, it can be said too that a woman does not have to live with her husband's brothers and with their wives, she has right to live in a seperate house.
For further information please click on the link given below.
Questions on Islam
- Should we honour one brother's gift to another from a piece of family land after they have died?
- Can a woman accept estate gifted to her by her terminally ill sister, without informing her other siblings?
- Who has the right of divorce?
- what are wifes duties towards husband and vice versa?
- Halima (r.anha)
- is husband allowed to beat his wife?
- Can you give information about the mahram state of a woman near her husband's brother and the things to be paid attention regarding the issue?
- Are women neglected in the Islamic law?
- What is the reason behind the fact that the man pays the woman mahr (dowry) for marriage? Why does the man have to pay it but not the woman?
- Will you give information about Hz. Zaynab, the daughter of the Prophet?