What does ‘laws of physics do not bind Allah, who imposed these laws,’ mean?
Submitted by on Tue, 16/06/2020 - 14:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
When the veil of accustomedness is raised, it will be seen that all beings are works of miracles like a chick that comes out of an egg that hatches after 21 days. Will is an arrow that pierces the universe of great explosion that is subject to the laws of physics. The existence of will is an evidence showing that the realm of beings does not consist of matter-energy only. The law comes from the attribute of will and the laws of physics reflect the existence of a universal will. That we extend our weakness to violate the laws of physics to Allah and regard miracles as impossible is the result of the idea of regarding all beings like ourselves. However, the power and will of Allah have encompassed everything and is away from any weaknesses. A lawmaker is dominant over laws and is not dominated by them. The laws of physics do not bind Allah, who has imposed them, because the one who has the power to impose a law with His will has the power to change the law, and if necessary, to cancel it. All miracles and karamahs are based on the temporary and limited cancellation of one or more laws of physics. For this reason, a miracle is a necessary and sufficient condition of prophethood. In conclusion, Allah’s customs are natural laws; unusual incidents are miracles or karamahs.
All miracles and karamahs are based on the temporary and limited cancellation of one or more laws of physics.
Questions on Islam
- What kind of a relationship exists between laws of nature and miracle?
- How do laws of physics confirm and necessitate the existence of a realm outside the realm of physics?
- What is a miracle? In what situations are miracles shown?
- Why does Allah employ causes?
- 2. Proofs of Prophethood
- Is Allah’s command "Be" permanent?
- Do the laws of physics originate from the matter they rule?
- THE LABORATORY OF THE UNIVERSE AS A METAPHOR
- Miracles and laws of Nature
- How do materialists see body and spirit?