What are the deeds that are more valuable than the world and whatever is in the world?
There are some deeds that are more valuable than the world and whatever is in the world. How many deeds like that are there?
Submitted by on Tue, 16/06/2020 - 11:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
Some of the hadiths regarding the issue are as follows:
“It is better than everything over which the sun rises and sets for you when Allah guides a person to the straight path through you.” (Jamius-Saghir, 3/192; Majmauz-Zawaid, h. no: 9787)
"The two rak’ah sunnah of the morning prayer (fajr) is better than the world and whatever is in the world." (Muslim, Musafirin 96)
"The two rak’ah sunnah of the morning prayer is more valuable than the world for me." (Muslim, Musafirin 97)
"A single walk in the way of Allah in the morning or in the evening is better than the world and everything in the world." (Bukhari, Jihad 5, Riqaq 2; Muslim, Imara 112-115)
"To be on guard duty in the border for one day in the way of Allah is better than the world and everything in the world. A place in Paradise as small as the whip of one of you is better than all the world and whatever is in it. A single walk of a slave in the way of Allah in the morning or in the evening is better than the world and everything in the world." (Bukhari, Jihad 6, 73, Bad'ul-Khalq 8, Riqaq 2; Muslim, Imara 113-114)
“Saying, سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ، وَلَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ، وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ، أَحَبُّ إِلَيَّ ممَّا طَلَعَتْ عليه الشَّمْسُ (Glory is to Allah, praise is to Allah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Allah is the Most Great) is more lovable to me than everything over which the sun rises.” (Muslim, Dhikr, 32)
“If a person reads ten verses on a night, one qintar of thawabs are written for him. That qintar is better than the world and everything in the world.” (Tabarani, Kabir, 2/50-51)
The Prophet (pbuh) teaches us a fact with those hadiths: The shortest time in the hereafter is better and more virtuous than the longest time in the world and the smallest place in the hereafter is better and more virtuous than the largest place in the world.
It is necessary to note that all of the deeds that are encouraged by the statement of their values can be done only in the world. For, the area of the responsibility of man is limited to the worldly life.
Every deed that a person does based on divine commands is something that will make him approach Allah Almighty and connect him with the eternal realm; thus, when man does it, he will realize the purpose of Allah about creating the universe.
So, it is necessary to do every deed in the world by having the hereafter as the purpose and with that thought.
Questions on Islam
- What is the importance of the morning prayer (fajr)?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- “A person whose food is ready and is healthy is as if all of the boons of the world have been given to him.” Will you explain this hadith?
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?
- What are the abominable (makruh) acts of wudu?
- Is being poor superior to being rich? Are there not any rich people that are superior to the poor? Can a Muslim be very rich and one of the beloved most beloved slaves of Allah?
- Abdullah bin Amr bin As (r.a.)
- To leave the community is not a virtue in Islam
- What are the opinions about the verse “What comes to you of evil, is from yourself”?