Was a prophet sent between Jesus and Muhammad (pbuh)?
Submitted by on Thu, 16/04/2015 - 16:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is stated in the historical sources that no prophet was sent between Jesus and Muhammad. This period is called as interregnum.
Salman (ra) said,
"The interregnum between Jesus and Muhammad is 600 years." (Bukhari, Manaqibu'l-Ansar 53)
The meaning of the interregnum in the hadith is the period between these two prophets when no prophet was sent by Allah. There are some controversies about the number given by Salman: according to Qatada this period lasted 560 years. It is reported from Kalbi that it is 540. Some scholars said it had been 400 years.
(Prof. Dr. İbrahim Canan, Kütüb-i Sitte)
Questions on Islam
- Were any prophets sent between Hz. Isa and Hz. Muhammad (pbuh)?
- What is the state of the non-Muslims who are not informed about the religion of Islam?
- What is the view of Islam about the faith of those who lived before Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), i.e. those who lived in fatrat (interregnum)? Will they go to Hell because they passed away without faith?
- What is the state of the people of fatrah (interregnum) who did not know about Islam? Will they go to Hell because they die without having any belief?
- Necessity of Prophets
- While the expression “a people, whose fathers had received no admonition” is used in verse 6 of the chapter of Yasin, different expressions are used in the chapters of an-Naml and al-Muminun. Can you explain it?
- How many years passed between Hz. Isa (Jesus) and Hz. Ibrahim and Hz. Muhammad?
- 10. Universality of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad
- Salman al-Farisi (r.a.)
- What does interregnum (the time between prophets) mean, what will happen to those who are not aware of the religion?2506