But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant! Could you please explain this verse? Surah Al-Muddathir 74/7
Submitted by on Sat, 17/04/2010 - 14:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
The verse “But, for thy Lord's (Cause), be patient and constant!” (al-Muddathir, 74:7) means “be patient for your Lord’s cause, that is, no matter how much hardship you can experience, no matter how much torment you can see because you want to fulfill your religious duties, just be patient for your Lord’s decision.” (see Elmalili Hamdi, Hak Dini).
Mujahid and Ibn-i Zaid explained this verse as follows: “O Muhammad, be patient about hardships you are going to encounter during your call, for the sake of your Lord.”
Ibrahim an-Nahai explained it as follows: “Do not expect remuneration for what you give. Be patient about them for the sake of Lord and do sacrifice.” (Tabari, the interpretation of the related verse)
Questions on Islam
- Can you explain the following verse: “But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant!”(Al-Muddathir, 7)?
- Surah 74. Al-Muddaththir (The Cloaked One, The Man Wearing A Cloak)
- How will conversations be in Paradise, will you please explain it by giving references from sources?
- Surah 10. Yunus (Jonah)
- When there is no bad and good, no wrong and right, no aim, no test in the paradise, Isn't the life in Paradise aimless?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?
- Surah 76. Al-Insan (Time, Man, (every) Man, This (day-and-)age)
- What are the characteristics of paradise life? Is eternal life not boring even if it is in paradise?
- I have many questions in my head, my heart is not satisfied. What should I do?
- What would you advise me to do in order to show patience in the face of illnesses and misfortunes?