Can you explain the following verse: “But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant!”(Al-Muddathir, 7)?
Submitted by on Sat, 13/10/2012 - 09:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
“But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant!”(Al-Muddathir, 7)
In this verse, it is pointed that while the Prophet (pbuh) was doing His duties in order to warn people, he (pbuh) would face lots of problems. So, the Prophet was ordered to be patient with those problems for the sake of Allah.
However, Abraham an-Nahai also explained it as follows: “Do not expect something in return for the things that you gave. Be patient toward your Lord, make self-sacrifice.”
This verse is addressed to not only the Prophet but also the Muslims.
Questions on Islam
- But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant! Could you please explain this verse? Surah Al-Muddathir 74/7
- Surah 74. Al-Muddaththir (The Cloaked One, The Man Wearing A Cloak)
- How will conversations be in Paradise, will you please explain it by giving references from sources?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- What would you advise me to do in order to show patience in the face of illnesses and misfortunes?
- Why does Allah ask questions though He knows the answers?
- Will you give information about the Quranic verses that criticize the Prophet (pbuh)?
- Surah 10. Yunus (Jonah)
- What are the principles of rhetoric mentioned in the Quran and the Sunnah?
- Hz. Ayyub (Job) promised to flog his wife one hundred times after he got well due to a mistake she made. How can this be explained?