Is there a hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) about those who do not have any children?
Submitted by on Mon, 26/11/2018 - 15:14
Dear Brother / Sister,
A child is a boon; there are some difficulties in return for having a boon. Allah tests anybody He wishes with any boons. What we need to do is to thank Him properly for the boons He gives us, not to search the boons. For, Allah is Hakim (the Wise); He never does anything in vain.
“To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills (and plans). He bestows (children) male or female according to His Will (and Plan); Or He bestows both males and females, and He leaves barren whom He will: for He is full of Knowledge and Power.” (ash-Shura, 42/49-50)
It is stated in the verse above that infertility can be in both men and women and that it is caused by Allah – as a necessity of His wisdom, based on a reason. Neither the man nor the woman is held responsible for it. The spouses are not responsible for their fertility; nor are they responsible for the gender of their children. That some views widespread in the community are wrong can be understood from this verse easily.
It is stated by hadith experts that the narrations expressing negativities about those who do not have children are not sound. (see Z. al-Iraqi, Takhriju Ahadithil-Ihya, with Ihya -, II/26-27)
Besides, what is a boon at a certain time may be a reason for trouble at another time. As a matter of fact, those who do not have children at the end of time are praised.
For more information, please click on the links given below;
Is it objectionable to marry a woman who cannot have a child? Is there a hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prohibiting marrying women that cannot have children? How can we understand whether a woman can have children or not?
Questions on Islam
- Can women enter the mosques where Friday prayers are performed and that have pulpits when they are in menstruation?
- Are women neglected in the Islamic law?
- What are the rights of women in Islam? How do you answer the claims that Islam puts pressure and limitations on women?
- Is it permissible for women to pluck their eyebrows, to remove the hairs on their legs and faces, between their eyebrows and next to them?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?
- Why does test exist according to the Quran and Hadiths?
- Should a Muslim be guided by the Quran or hadiths? Are the Sunnah and Hadiths binding? To what extent are hadiths reliable?
- What are the ways of protection from Satan?
- What is the decree on the head-scarf in Islam? To what kind of danger does going out without a headscarf lead women?