Is there a hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) about those who do not have any children?
Submitted by on Mon, 26/11/2018 - 16:14
Dear Brother / Sister,
A child is a boon; there are some difficulties in return for having a boon. Allah tests anybody He wishes with any boons. What we need to do is to thank Him properly for the boons He gives us, not to search the boons. For, Allah is Hakim (the Wise); He never does anything in vain.
“To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills (and plans). He bestows (children) male or female according to His Will (and Plan); Or He bestows both males and females, and He leaves barren whom He will: for He is full of Knowledge and Power.” (ash-Shura, 42/49-50)
It is stated in the verse above that infertility can be in both men and women and that it is caused by Allah – as a necessity of His wisdom, based on a reason. Neither the man nor the woman is held responsible for it. The spouses are not responsible for their fertility; nor are they responsible for the gender of their children. That some views widespread in the community are wrong can be understood from this verse easily.
It is stated by hadith experts that the narrations expressing negativities about those who do not have children are not sound. (see Z. al-Iraqi, Takhriju Ahadithil-Ihya, with Ihya -, II/26-27)
Besides, what is a boon at a certain time may be a reason for trouble at another time. As a matter of fact, those who do not have children at the end of time are praised.
For more information, please click on the links given below;
Is it objectionable to marry a woman who cannot have a child? Is there a hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prohibiting marrying women that cannot have children? How can we understand whether a woman can have children or not?
Questions on Islam
- Why is the same verse repeated thirty-one times in the chapter of ar-Rahman? What is the wisdom behind it?
- Are there hadiths about loving Ahl al-Bayt?
- Is it permissible for a father to partition his inheritance as he wishes?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Will you give information about the Prophet's love of children?
- What does it mean to love ones child, a friend, and parents for the sake of Allah? What are the criteria of loving for the sake of Allah?
- The Month of Rajab
- Why does Allah threaten those who abandon worshipping to send to Hell?
- Why didn't Allah sent Quran at first??
- Evaluation about throwing bread away and wasting: Is it not a sin to throw away bread?