Are parents held responsible for the sins their children commit?
Submitted by on Mon, 16/10/2017 - 15:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the rights of a child over his parents is to be given religious education and to be taught about halals and harams by his parents.
Parents receive their shares from the good deeds their children do and they will be held responsible for the sins they commit if they have not shown them what is true. Therefore, parents must be careful about the religious education of their children.
Questions on Islam
- How should a child be trained and religiously educated? How should we teach Allah to children?
- Will you give information about the Prophet's love of children?
- What are the decrees of the religion of Islam regarding homosexuality? Is the interest in the same gender, that is, homosexuality, something natural/inborn? Is it a sin to think and feel like that? Can it be treated?
- Are women neglected in the Islamic law?
- What are the responsibilities of a woman within the family and her duties toward her husband?
- If a mother or father curses their children about an issue though he or she is wrong, will their curse be accepted?
- What are the negative effects of computer games and the internet on children? How can we eliminate these effects? Can you evaluate the issue in terms of the hereafter of the child?
- Can the children of a father use the haram (illegitimate) earnings of their father?
- Does the phrase, “they may receive guidance” in the Quran indicate that Allah does not know – God forbid –who will receive guidance?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?