Is Paradise eternal?
Submitted by on Mon, 12/11/2018 - 09:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah states in the Quran that both Paradise and Hell are eternal with their inhabitants. Eternal life is in Paradise for believers:
"... And they abide therein (for ever)." (al-Baqara, 2/25)
"The Day that He assembles you (all) for a Day of Assembly,- that will be a Day of mutual loss and gain (among you), and those who believe in Allah and work righteousness,- He will remove from them their ills, and He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that will be the Supreme Achievement." (at-Tagahbun, 64/9)
"A Messenger, who rehearses to you the Signs of Allah containing clear explanations, that he may lead forth those who believe and do righteous deeds from the depths of Darkness into Light. And those who believe in Allah and work righteousness, He will admit to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: Allah has indeed granted for them a most excellent Provision." (at-Talaq, 65/11)
"So enter the gates of Hell, to dwell therein. Thus evil indeed is the abode of the arrogant." (an-Nahl, 16/29)
"But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls, in Hell will they abide." (al-Mu'minun, 23/103)
"(To them) will be said: "Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) Abode of the Arrogant." (az-Zumar, 39/72)
"Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) abode of the arrogant." (al-Mu'min, 40/76)
The verses above and similar ones are enough as evidence for a person who believes in Allah. Only a person who does not believe in Allah will deny it despite Allah’s promise. Allah states the following for those who deny His verses:
"To those who reject Our signs and treat them with arrogance, no opening will there be of the gates of heaven, nor will they enter the garden, until the camel can pass through the eye of the needle: Such is Our reward for those in sin." (al-A'raf, 7/40)
Questions on Islam
- Are Paradise and Hell eternal?
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?
- Will you explain the states of those who pass over the Sirat Bridge before entering Paradise and what they will experience with hadiths and verses?
- What are the four basic principles of the Quran?
- I will pay the penalty in Hell but I will live in the world as I wish. I will not come to this world again; therefore, I will enjoy all kinds of pleasures and commit sins. I will go to Paradise in the end anyway since I am a Muslim.
- What does Ahl al-Kitab (the People of the Book) Mean?
- Is there penalty in the grave? What are the verses in the Quran related to penalty in the grave? If there is penalty in the grave, will it be for the body or the spirit? Is penalty in the grave contrary to Allah’s mercy?
- Will people be allowed to watch the world in Paradise?
- Ramadan, the month in which Paradise is decorated
- What is fasting? What is the Religious Decree of Fasting?