Are Paradise and Hell eternal?
Submitted by on Thu, 28/03/2019 - 14:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah states in the Quran that both Paradise and Hell are eternal with their inhabitants. Eternal life for believers is in Paradise:
"... and they abide therein (for ever)." (al-Baqara, 2/25).
"The Day that He assembles you (all) for a Day of Assembly,- that will be a Day of mutual loss and gain (among you), and those who believe in Allah and work righteousness,- He will remove from them their ills, and He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that will be the Supreme Achievement." (at-Taghabun, 64/9)
"A Messenger, who rehearses to you the Signs of Allah containing clear explanations, that he may lead forth those who believe and do righteous deeds from the depths of Darkness into Light. And those who believe in Allah and work righteousness, He will admit to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: Allah has indeed granted for them a most excellent Provision." (at-Talaq, 65/11)
"So enter the gates of Hell, to dwell therein. Thus evil indeed is the abode of the arrogant." (an-Nahl, 16/29)
"But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls, in Hell will they abide." (al-Mu'minun, 23/103)
"(To them) will be said: ‘Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) Abode of the Arrogant!’" (az-Zumar, 39/72)
"Enter ye the gates of Hell, to dwell therein: and evil is (this) abode of the arrogant!" (al-Mu'min, 40/76)
The verses above and several others are enough for a person who believes in Allah. Only a person who does not believe in Allah denies it after Allah promises it. Allah states the following about those who deny His verses:
"To those who reject Our signs and treat them with arrogance, no opening will there be of the gates of heaven, nor will they enter the garden, until the camel can pass through the eye of the needle: Such is Our reward for those in sin." (al-A'raf, 7/40)
Questions on Islam
- What are the evidences that make remaining in Hell forever certain?
- How should we answer those who allege that Paradise and Hell are not eternal, and that after a while (God forbid), Allah will feel bored and destroy Paradise and Hell?
- The new video of "Belief in the Hereafter" is now available!
- Belief in the Hereafter # 15: Eternity of God's Power
- The Fifteenth Proof: The Power of God is Infinite
- Surah 16. An-Nahl (The Bee)
- Surah 40. Ghafir (The Believer, The Forgiver (god))
- How can it be justice for unbelievers to remain in Hell eternally? Why should torture in Hell be eternal? Why did Allah create Hell though His compassion is more than that of a mother?
- Is there salvation from hell? How should we understand verse 65 of the chapter of al-Furqan?
- Surah 39. Az-Zumar (The Troops, Throngs)