In paradise, can I watch all my memories that I experienced in the world?
- In paradise, can I know what I did and watch all my memories that I experienced in the world?
- I will be pleased if you explain it with verses and hadiths?
Submitted by on Mon, 06/09/2021 - 15:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
“They (those in Paradise) will advance to each other, engaging in mutual enquiry. They will say: "Aforetime, we were not without fear for the sake of our people. But Allah has been good to us, and has delivered us from the Penalty of the Scorching Wind. Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!".” (at-Tur, 52/25-28)
It is indicated in the verses above that those in Paradise will mention their lives in the world.
They will also want to see the incidents and scenes they mention verbally.
“There will be there all that the souls could desire, all that their ayes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for eye).” (az-Zukhruf, 43/71)
As it is indicated above, the worldly scenes that eyes delight in exist there.
An interpretation by Badiuzzaman Said Nursi regarding the issue is as follows:
“For example, the people of Paradise will surely wish to recall their adventures in this world and recount them to one another. They will be exceedingly curious to see the images and pictures of those adventures, and they will enjoy it immensely if they can watch them like watching a cinema screen. Consequently, as the verse, “joyfully facing each other on thrones of dignity” (15:47; 37:44) indicates, in Paradise, the realm of delight and happiness, worldly adventures and scenes of worldly happenings will be recalled, amid everlasting panoramas. (…)"
"In just the same way, the All-Wise Maker of the beings of spring and this world records the aims of their brief lives, which look to the World of Eternity, in that world. He records in everlasting scenes in the Eternal Realm the vital duties and the divine miracles they have performed throughout the stages of their lives, as required by His names of All-Wise, All-Compassionate, and Loving.” (see Mektubat, Yirmi Dördüncü Mektup, İkinci Makam, p. 294)
Questions on Islam
- After Doomsday, will the universe, planets, stars, atoms exist as they are today?
- Will people be allowed to watch the world in Paradise?
- Will our personality not develop in Paradise?
- Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains an important secret of the obscure secrets of the universe, and wisdoms behind the manifestations the divine names of ar-Rahim (All- Compassionate) al-Karim (The Generous) and Wadud (Loving). It consists of two stations.
- Heaven and Hell
- Third Stopping-Place: The point of views of the people of misguidance and the people of guidance on the worldly life.
- The Twenty-Eight Word: Answers to a number of questions about Paradise. Do material pleasures along with the pleasure of marriage exist in Paradise?
- The Ninth Proof: The Proof of Grandeur and Majesty
- Will the Quran be read in Paradise? What will Paradise be like?
- The Air: The manifestation of Divine wisdom, will and power on the molecules of air.