Is the next day of a believer better than the previous day?
- Is there a hadith stating that the next day of a believer is better than the previous day?
- If so, will you please tell me the hadith reference and its degree of soundness?
- I searched a lot but I could not find any references other than the Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) conversation with Harith (ra).
Submitted by on Tue, 07/02/2023 - 06:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
We could not find any narration about the next day of a believer being better than the previous day.
However, the next day of every believer who lives in accordance with his belief will be better than the previous one. As a matter of fact, the following is stated in a hadith:
“None of you should want to die. None of you should pray to die before death comes by itself. When a person dies, he cannot do any good deeds. The believer’s survival increases his good deeds.” (Muslim, Dhikr 13)
The good news “The believer’s survival increases his good deeds” mentioned in this hadith is possible for every believer.
In that case, a good servant increases his thawabs by fulfilling his worship and avoiding sins as long as he lives; thus, the next day becomes better than the previous day.
As a matter of fact, during a conversation of the Prophet (pbuh) with Sa’d Ibn Abu Waqqas, one of the Companions who were given the good news of Paradise, Sa’d was very touched by this good news, began to sob and said, “Oh, I wish I were dead now!”
Thereupon, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) warned his beloved friend as follows:
“Sa’d! If you are a person of Paradise, it is better for you to have a long life and do good deeds.” (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Musnad, 5/267)
In that case, as long as the good servant continues his good deeds, each day will be better than the previous one.
Besides, if he is a sinful servant, he will regret what he has done and repent of his sins; thus, the next day will be better than the previous day.
Questions on Islam
- Sa’d bin Rabi (r.a.)
- The Battle of Uhud
- Sa’d bin Muadh (r.a.)
- Mughira bin Shu’ba (r.a.)
- Could you give information about the day of Ashura and dessert of ashura? Is it inconvenient to mourn on the day of Ashura?
- The Battle of Badr
- Secret Call Accelerates
- How did the first spread of Islam take place?
- Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas (r.a.)
- The Conquest of Makkah