Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
Is a woman mix feeding( breast feed and formula) a 6 months old baby exempted from fasting in the month of Ramadan?
Submitted by on Sat, 22/08/2009 - 19:00
Dear Brother / Sister,
Enes Ibn Malik (R.A.) quotes the Prophet as saying: “Undoubtedly Allah has relieved the travelers of fasting and half of the prayer, and the pregnant and the breast-feeding women of the fast." (Abu Dawud, Sawm: 44, Tirmidhi, Sawm: 21; Ibn Majah Sıyam: 12)
If pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers cannot endure fasting, they don’t have to fast in the month of Ramadan. They can perform their missed fast(s) without any necessary order at a reasonable time after Ramadan.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman to fast?
- Pregnant woman and fasting
- Pregnant Women and Fasting
- Will you give information about the fasting of a woman who is breastfeeding or pregnant?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- Does a woman who is breastfeeding or pregnant have to perform fasting in Ramadan?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?