Is it permissible to pray or carry scripts of verses and hadiths in order to get rid of fear and illness?
Submitted by on Fri, 30/07/2010 - 16:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to pray or carry scripts of verses and hadiths in order to get rid of fear and illness. Abdullah bin Umar narrated the following from the Prophet (pbuh): “ If one of you fears while he is asleep, he should pray like this: I turn to Allah from His rage and punishment and the evilness of people and delusions of satan. Then nothing can hurt him. Abdullah bin Amr used to teach this to children who reached the age of responsibility and the children that had not reached that particular age, he used to write it and give them to carry it with them. (Abu Dawud, Nasai, Tirmidhi).
The Prophet (pbuh) used to supplicate and blow it on water and make ill people drink that water. For this reason, it is permissible to carry the script of the surah Ya-Sin on us or recite it to water and drink it.
Questions on Islam
- Is it an appropriate act to drink the water into which paper with some prayers is put into?
- I am afraid of darkness and jinn. What would you advise me to do?
- What are the verses of cure (shifa) in the quran? What are the decrees about them? In what diseases are they more effective?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Why is being janabah haram forbidden? Why are men regarded dirty? Is it haram for a junub person to eat and drink?
- What is Religion?
- What is the religion of Islam?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?