Is it permissible to perform qada (compensation) prayers after the prayer of Maghrib (the evening prayer)?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 17:57
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to perform qada (compensation) prayers after the prayer of Maghrib (the evening prayer).
There is no specific time and place for qada prayers. That is, there is no such a rule that the qada of Asr (afternoon) prayer can only be performed within the time of mid-afternoon. It can be offered any time. However, one should pay attention not to offer any prayers within the time periods that are called karahah. The first one of these times is the period beginning from the time when the sun rises till it raises a spear length (five degrees). In our country, it is between forty and fifty minutes after the sun rises.The second one is the time when the sun is at its zenith point (zawal). It is the period of 30-40 minutes before the time for the noon prayer starts.The third one is the period beginning from the time when the sun begins to turn yellow and when its light does not dazzle man to the time when it sets. It is the period of 45 minutes before the evening prayer. It is not regarded nice to perform prayers at these times.
Besides, there is no time limit for qada (compensation) prayers; a person can perform as many prayers as he desires.
Questions on Islam
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?
- Can the noon prayer be performed five minutes before the time period for the afternoon prayer starts?
- What is the correct method of offering Qada Prayer? In what way is it beneficial?
- Qada (Missed) Prayers
- Will you give information about the afternoon (asr) prayer?
- Until how many minutes before the end of the time period for a prayer is it permissible to pray?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- Can one perform qada (missed) prayers in abominable (makrooh) periods of time?
- The Times of Prayers
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?