Is it permissible to perform prayers with clothes that have some pictures/photos on?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 15:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
Pictures or photos which are covered and are under a cloth do not harm the prayer. However, when such pictures or photos are not covered, it will be makrooh (abominable) but the prayer will be valid. It is not true not to perform prayers just because of the pictures on clothes. It is better to wear clothes that have no pictures. However, the clothes with pictures do not invalidate the prayer. It is even permissible to perform prayers on newspapers that have photos instead of prayer mats. They do not invalidate the prayer. But there must not be pictures or photos on the place where the prostration is performed or on the place where the forehead touches.
Questions on Islam
- Makruhs of prayer
- Will you give detailed information about najasah (impurity) that prevents prayer?
- Is it makruh (abominable) to perform prayers in a place where there are pictures? Can a person perform prayers in a room where there is a television or newspaper that include photographs?
- It is permissible for a male person to perform prayers wearing jeans (shorts) that cover his knees; that prayer is valid?
- Can you give detailed information about pictures and photographs?
- Can we use deodorants that contain alcohol when we are on wudu and then worship?
- After having performed a prayer, is it necessary for a woman to perform it again if she realizes that a few strands of her hair or more is visible?
- Is a man’s prayer invalidated when his waist gets opened in prostration?
- How Many Pillars (Essential Parts) are there in a Prayer?
- What should a person whose wudu is invalidated while performing a prayer do?