Is it permissible to perform awwabin prayer between the evening (maghrib) and night (isha) prayer when they are combined?
Submitted by on Tue, 10/10/2017 - 15:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is fard to perform each prayer in its determined time. For, time is one of the conditions of prayer. The following is stated in verses:
"For, such prayers are enjoined on believers at stated times." (an-Nisa, 4/103)
"Guard strictly your (habit of) prayers, especially the Middle Prayer...." (al-Baqara, 2/238)
"And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night... " (Hud, 11/114)
Besides, the Prophet (pbuh) is ordered to perform prayers at the sun´s decline till the darkness of the night and in the small watches of the morning. (al-Isra,17/78-79)
Hz. Prophet (pbuh) explained and showed his ummah the practices of the verses above and the times for five daily prayers himself; he performed them like that. (Muslim, Masajid, 31, 174; Abu Dawud, Taharah, 60; Nasai, Adhan, 12; Tirmidhi, Mawaqit, 4)
The only exception to the principle of performing each prayer in its determined time period is for hajjis on the day of Arafah in Arafat, where they combine the noon (zuhr) and the afternoon (asr) prayer at the time of the noon prayer and in Muzdalifa, where they combine the evening (maghrib) and night (isha) prayer at the time of the night prayer. There is unanimous agreement on this among fiqh scholars.
However, according to Shafii madhhab, it is permissible to combine prayers based on some conditions other than the day of Arafah. However, supererogatory prayers are not performed between the combined prayers.
Questions on Islam
- How is Prayer (salah) performed? Will you please explain orderly through video clips?
- Will you please give information about qira'ah (recitation) loudly or silently in supererogatory (nafilah) prayers?
- How should we arrange the times of prayers when we travel overseas by plane? Is it permissible to perform prayers by sitting when there is no appropriate place to perform them by standing on a plane?
- Is it permissible to intend to combine prayers if there is a possibility of missing a prayer? and In what situations can one imitate other madhhabs (sects) and combine prayers?
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- Will you give information about the afternoon (asr) prayer?
- How many rak'ahs does the awwabin prayer consist of? How is "the awwabin prayer" between the evening (maghrib) prayer and night (isha) prayer performed?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- Can the noon prayer be performed five minutes before the time period for the afternoon prayer starts?
- What are the mustahab times for performing five daily prayers? For instance, the morning prayer (fajr) can be performed up to the time of sunrise. What about the other prayers?