Is it permissible to earn money through Google Adsense?
- Is halal or haram to make money through Google Adsense (advertising tool); is it halal or not if we use it in our site?
- Websites like Questions on Islam do not use them; is it because of its impermissibility?
Submitted by on Thu, 02/06/2022 - 16:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
Google Adsense is a system of publishing advertisements. Website owners allocate advertisement places in their websites and allow Google Adsense to use it. That is, the owner of the website allows Google to advertise in certain places in the website.
When product owners who want to advertise apply to Google and want to have their products advertised, Google publishes the desired advertisements in those areas without asking the site owners who previously allocated them their own place. Thus, the website owner and Google earn money by partnering at a certain rate.
Website owners can block the advertisement of certain websites via Google Adsense in their websites but the site owners will have to follow the site all the time; and when they see an inappropriate advertisement in their advertisement space, they will have to immediately filter the site that advertises through Adsense. However, it can take several hours for the filter to be active. That is, that content will be visible to all users for a few hours.
Accordingly, it is not permissible to accept such advertisements since any advertisement circulating on the Internet through Google Adsense may appear; some sites can be partially blocked, but they cannot be prevented completely, and even filtering cannot prevent advertisements contrary to Islam from appearing for a few hours.
“Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancor: fear Allah. for Allah is strict in punishment.” (al-Maida, 5/2)
“If a person invites somebody to goodness (guidance), he will have as many rewards as those who follow him and the rewards of those who follow him will not decrease. And if a person invites somebody to aberration (misguidance, sins), he will have as many sins as those who follow him and the sins of those who follow him will not decrease.” (Ibn Majah, Muqaddima, 206, 207)
Questions on Islam
- To what extent are friendships of chat right? How can the families that crack online be saved?
- Can the children of a father use the haram (illegitimate) earnings of their father?
- What are the harms of gambling and why is it forbidden (haram)?
- Is it permissible to drink water from the glasses that have the name/logo of an alcoholic drink on and to keep those glasses at home?
- If a person uses illegitimately earned money as capital and starts a legitimate earning, what is the decree about the new earning? Are the goods that are taken and trade that is made completely haram?
- What is Interest and why is it Forbidden?
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- Can a woman and her children eat from the haram earnings of the husband and the father?