Is it obligatory to recite Surah Al-Fatiha in each rakat behind the Imam?
Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2009 - 14:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to Hanafi school, the people performing their prayers behind Imam (a person who leads the congregational prayer) do not recite al-Fatiha at any rakats. Nevertheless, according to Shafi'i school, it is necessary to recite it at each rakat.
Questions on Islam
- Guidence on sex atiquetes
- What are the sunna prayers (the prayers performed by our Prophet Muhammad-pbuh-, and performing of which are recommended but not obligatory)?
- What are the acts that a Muslim should do before and during the prayer?
- Can you give information about the five daily prayers?
- What is the wisdom behind reciting only al-Fatiha in the 3rd and 4th rak'ahs of fard (obligatory) prayers but not reciting zamm-i surah (additional chapter or verses)?
- SALAT (PRAYER)-II
- How is Sajda as-Sahw performed and how should one keep his index finger during tashahhud according to sunnah?
- Is Basmala (Bismillahirrahmanirrahim: In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful) a verse in the Quran?
- Is an additional chapter or verses recited after surah of al-Fatiha in the third and fourth rak’ahs of fard prayers?
- When someone joins a congregational prayer in progress, what should he/she do and recite?