Is it appropriate to say my fears came true?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/09/2010 - 11:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
Man has intuitions called foresight or extra sensory perception. It can also be called the sixth sense. Therefore, some things can be felt just before they happen with the permission of Allah. However, it is necessary to be very careful about it because those feelings that come in the form of warnings or glad tidings can sometimes be manipulated by Satan. That is, with the delusions of Satan, the mechanism of producing groundless suspicions existing in man can produce groundless fears; some suspicions can turn to obsessions and man’s life can be awful.
Therefore, it is permissible to regard something as good luck or lucky in Islam but it is not permissible to regard something as bad luck or unlucky. Regarding something as good luck or lucky gives happiness to life. The feeling of bad luck makes one’s life awful.
To sum up, a person who thinks about good things sees everything as good and takes pleasure from life. A person who thinks about bad things imports evil things into his spirit and adds poison to his life. We should not forget that the wheel of fortune turns based on the wisdom of Allah not based on our groundless suspicions.
Questions on Islam
- What kind of harms does pessimism cause people?
- How can I get rid of jealousy?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- What should our style of speech be like? What are the appropriate manners for speaking? What about the appropriate manners for listening?
- How should we see the illnesses like depression and stress from the point of view of religion, how should one be treated spiritually? Are there any hadiths of our Prophet regarding the issue?
- Could you give information on stinginess?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- What is the sincere repentance (tawbah nasuh)?