If Satan seduces man, how can the existence of the people who do good deeds be explained?
It is written in the Quran that Satan seduces people.
It is also written that he deviates those who are not real Muslims from the true path and makes them perform evil deeds.
However, I realize that most of the educated people and those who regularly meditate do good deeds, not bad deeds in the world though they are idolaters and non-Muslims.
Moreover, "I seek refuge in Allah from the evil of the exorcised Satan” is written on every page of the Quran and it is said in five daily prayers.
Why does Satan not seduce those well-educated people who meditate and cause them to do bad deeds? In fact, they never seek refuge in Allah from the exorcised Satan.
Submitted by on Tue, 08/09/2020 - 12:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
Satan tries to deceive everyone, but he might not be able to seduce everyone.
For example, if you have an enemy, he might want to do you any evil deed. However, can he do whatever evil he wants? definitely not.
- The greatest example of the temptation and deviation of Satan is that he will make things that will cause the wrath of Allah and lead a person to Hell.
- The size of the evils depends on the severity of the crime. The severity of the crime is measured by the weight of the penalty. According to the Quran, no crime and evil is greater than atheism, deism and being non-Muslim. Satan deceives such people so much that he destroys their eternal life.
The life of those who do not go to grave with belief is ruined. And there is no greater evil than that because “many of those who commit a crime and enter the grave with belief will go to Paradise after they suffer their punishment even if they go to hell first. However, there is no one who goes to Paradise from those who go to the grave as unbelievers.” It is the main and indisputable principle of the religion of Islam.
So, the pompous and elaborated expressions in the question originates from not knowing the true criterion of the crimes committed in the test in the world.
- In addition, most of the non-Muslims, who are said to be “very good, very nice” are people who are manipulated and deceived by Satan in many ways:
a) They lose their eternal lives and deserve eternal hell because they do not believe in the last revelation, the Quran, which contains all the nice aspects of heavenly religions such as Islam.
This issue alone is the greatest evil for a person.
b) The vast majority of non-Muslims does not commit crimes because they fear the existing laws of their countries not because they love and respect Allah.
In this case, there is a two-fold deception of Satan.
The first one: Despite the desire to commit a crime, such a person avoids it because of fearing the administration; he acts as if he avoids committing crimes due to a nice ethical virtue coming from inside him; thus, he acts hypocritically.
The second one: He disregards the commands and prohibitions of Allah, who is the Creator, and commits crimes in a way that nobody sees. This means falling into the abasement of a psychological atmosphere that damages his personality. Anyone who is not afraid of Allah is afraid of anything other than Allah and is manipulated by Satan. A person who fears Allah is not afraid of anyone else in real terms.
c) Because genuine Muslims took refuge in Allah from the evil of Satan; most of them are protected by Allah's permission from unbelief and shirk, and they can maintain their belief, which is the only coin of the realm in the eternal life.
- Those who do not seek refuge in Allah from the evil of Satan like Muslims are manipulated and deceived by Satan by falling into unbelief and shirk by not believing in the Quran, which is clear like the sun, and the religion of Islam.
However, the most important prerequisite for taking refuge in Allah is sincerity.
Although a person is a Muslim, it is inevitable that he will be deceived by Satan when he loses his sincerity.
As a matter of fact, this truth is narrated in the Quran through the case of devils as follows:
“(Iblis) said: ‘Then, by Thy power, I will put them all in the wrong,- Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace).’ (Allah) said: ‘Then it is just and fitting- and I say what is just and fitting-That I will certainly fill Hell with thee and those that follow thee,- every one.’” (Sad, 38/82-85)
- Thus, it is not possible to reach anywhere by having blinders on, having prejudices and ignoring the truths. A person who closes his eyes makes it dark only for himself. He who tries to extinguish the sun by blowing will propagate ignorance.
Questions on Islam
- What does the phrase "who whispers into the hearts of Mankind among Jinn and among men" mentioned in the chapter of an-Nas mean?
- Is it not a contradiction that Allah created the sins and human beings so that they would repent and that He blamed those who committed sins and threatened them with Hell?
- Is one of the things that Satan likes most to cause spouses to separate?
- What are the traps (tricks) of Satan?
- What does ‘If you do not forgive us, we shall certainly be lost’ mean?
- Will you give information about the tricks of Satan (devil)?
- Al-Ghaffar (The All-Forgiving)
- Satans (Devils)
- Does the Lord of the Quran make plans (set traps)? How can we answer those who make these claims by using some verses as excuses?
- According to the verse the cunning of satan is feeble, can every trick of satan be understood?