If a person who has not performed prayers before goes to hajj and starts to perform prayers when he returns, are his previous debts of prayers removed?
Submitted by on Fri, 17/11/2017 - 13:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
If a person who has not performed prayers before goes to hajj and starts to perform prayers fully when he returns, he has to perform his previous missed prayers as qada. His sins related to not performing prayers may be forgiven with the repentance and prayers (duas) in hajj but sins are different from debt.
It is not definite that the sins of every person who goes to hajj will be forgiven; Allah forgives them if He wishes; He might not forgive them if He does not wish.
Prayers that are skipped without any excuse are to be performed as qada but performing them is not enough in order to get rid of the responsibility; it is also necessary to repent.
Questions on Islam
- Is it fard to go to Hajj for one who goes to Umrah?
- Can a person who does not perform prayers go to hajj? Does the hajj of a person become invalid if he does not perform prayers after returning from hajj?
- What are the frequent questions about hajj?
- Is a person considered to have performed one thousand qada (missed) prayers when he performs only a single qada prayer in Haram ash-Sharif (Kaaba) or al-Masjid an-Nabawi (the Prophet's Mosque)?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- Is it permissible to go hajj with the money borrowed at interest? I am not well-off. Can I go to hajj by bank credit?
- Can I make Hajj on behalf of someone else? Can a person make Hajj for someone who died?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- What should we do in order to perform an accepted (mabrur) hajj?
- Does a student who is thinking of performing the duty of hajj that is fard need to go to hajj by leaving his school or does he need to attend his school?