If a person has an illegitimate relationship with a person from the opposite gender and marries him/her afterwards, will the degree of the haram deed be lessened? If a person repents after marrying, will his sins be forgiven?
Submitted by on Sat, 19/10/2019 - 16:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Firstly, the approach "Allah will forgive anyway" while committing a sin is wrong. It will be deadly wrong to plan a sin with that approach. Allah knows what is in the hearts. It is necessary to act sincerely toward Him. However, a person who commits a sin by obeying his soul can expect to be forgiven by Allah if he is really regretful.
It is not enough for a person who has an illegitimate relationship with a person from the opposite gender to marry him/her for his sin to be forgiven. It is also necessary to repent, and to ask for forgiveness from the person if violation of rights is in question. A sin is committed once and it is recorded as a sin once. If that sin is not forgiven, it is recorded as a sin.
If a person repents, only Allah knows if his/her sin will be forgiven or not. Marrying a person after having an illegitimate relationship with him/her will not lessen the degree of the haram deed.
Questions on Islam
- If our prayer does not prevent us from shameful and unjust deeds, does it mean that the prayers we perform will not be accepted?
- Is it permissible for a person who is biologically and physiologically a man or a woman to have an operation and be equipped with some of the features and organs of the opposite sex just because he/she feels as a member of the opposite sex?
- Will you explain the hadith that mentions the repentance of a man who killed ninety-nine people?
- Is it permissible to despise sinners or non-Muslims and humiliate them?
- Are all of our sins forgiven during Ramadan?
- How can we repent for a serious sin?
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- What are the decrees of the religion of Islam regarding homosexuality? Is the interest in the same gender, that is, homosexuality, something natural/inborn? Is it a sin to think and feel like that? Can it be treated?
- Engagement breakup
- How and when should we supplicate? What are the most grateful supplications?